Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xkatymayx

Moisturiser for acnegenic skin

Hello all, I wanted to share a moisturising product with you.

Background info on myself (skip if you like):

I am a long time sufferer of acne and have only recently, in my 20's, taken action and gone to the doctors. I have been prescribed Duac Once Daily Gel, which I think is amazing and I cannot go a night without it. But I have to becareful with other face washes and moisturisers to make sure my skin does not get too dried out.

I have combo, acne-prone skin.

I found that my previous moisturiser (Clean and Clear Dual Action) wasn't moisturising enough so I went on the hunt for a new one. I came across Good Skin products in Superdrug and found "clean skin oil-free lotion".

The product:

I had problems with moisturisers not moisturising enough, the ones that did moisturise enough caused greasy skin.

Good Skin - clean skin oil-free lotion:

It claims to:

• Lightly hydrate
  • Control oil
  • Protect with SPF15
  • Keeps skin shine free

It also says it is:

• Oil free
  • Non-acnegenic

All of these things sounded like my IDEAL moisturiser, so I bought it for £5.11 from Superdrug.

Experience:

I have been using it for a month every morning and so far it has not under moisturised. In the past I found that when using spot fighting products, my skin tended to dry out over time. This moisturiser has managed to keep my skin moisturised, but not left it feeling oily.

The lotion is quite thin and a little goes a long way. Once it is on the face, it dries quickly and doesn't leave a shine and skin does not feel tight. Throughout the day, my face still gets a bit oily, but I use blotting sheets which sort that out.

I haven't had any breakouts since using this, so it hasn't caused any. As it says it is non-acnegenic it shouldn't be the cause of any spots.

Conclusion:

I wanted to share this product with you all as I had never seen or heard of Good Skin before and was overjoyed to find a moisturiser that was oil-free, SPF15 AND non-acnegenic (yes i am sad lol). I promise I do not work for Superdrug or Good Skin, I was just happy to have found this product and wanted to share my find with everyone.

I hope this product will be as helpful for you as it has been for me :)