Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnesucks1238

lower back and knee pain

I'm on month 6 with accutane, my final month. Recently I have begun to experience some lower back and knee pain. I am an avid lifter and runner, and this pain has caused me to question my form on multiple exercises, which other lifters have told me is just about perfect (I've been feeling it slightly after some exercises like squats, not a lot of pain, but i started power lifting right about when I started accutane.). I've heard about this medication causing pain in these areas, so I'm guessing that's the cause and that exercise may be amplifying the pain. But overall the pain isn't crippling, so I just want to finish up this final month.

Is this just pain? or is this more permanent? Is accutane weakening my joins? Should I take supplements like glucosamine? So overall I'm asking if I have anything to worry about. Lets just say I'm going to be jumping out of planes within a few years.

I would not worry. I had lower back pain in my 2nd month and my derm said it was normal on tane and it would go away after my course was over. He also said to expect joint pain as well. Accutane effects your muscles and joints but in most cases those side effects go away a month or so after treatment when the drug is out of your system. I would not work out to hard though cuz tane slows your body's healing process, you don't want to pull or break anything.