Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meat_pirate86

Are some convenience foods okay for acne?

I don't want to recommend eating fast food, but I think it might be a good idea to have a list of ready-made meals on the .org that don't cause breakouts; feel free to share.

define "convenience"

Do you mean fast food type convenience or easy at home foods like canned veggies or a frozen dinner?

define "convenience"

Do you mean fast food type convenience or easy at home foods like canned veggies or a frozen dinner?

Both! Healthy eating doesn't take too long to prepare, but I'm looking to have friends from out of town stay for a week and I'm hoping to figure out a few either ready-made meals or packaged snacks that are acne-friendly so I can partake!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

So far I can serve hashbrowns with eggs and chicken sausage for breakfast.

I'm going to make a pizza empanada with potato as a base and use canned tomatoes as part of a sauce.

I can do veggie and fruit platters with a dijonnaise-type dip and unsweetened yoghurt.

I would seem more normal if I could pop something out of the freezer after drinks and dancing tho!

Canned garbanzo beans! Even better if they're organic.

Throw em in the microwave, drain, pour some olive oil, turmeric root, salt, garlic, and cilantro on em. Yummmmmy.

Hmm... well I eat fastfood sometimes. From Wendys I'll get a baked potato, side salad, and then sometimes I cheat and get a Junior bacon cheeseburger. From McDonalds, I get Chicken nuggets or a salad. I also will eat chickfill-a and get some sort of chicken and their french fries then pair it with a nice salad when I get home. I think it's important to remember that regardless or not of acne we can't kill ourselves over this, easier said than done I know as I sometimes can't even remember the last time I ate icecream etc. but if we do it like that it takes all the fun out of eating, I used to actually ENJOY, LOVE to eat, now I sit there and eat baby carrots and salad while everyone else eats icecream. Not life. So if your having your friends over, cheat a little. I think we all should from time to time; otherwise eating gets to be something unenjoyable and becomes torturous.

P.S- Taking my own advice, tonight my family is ordering in pizza, so while I wont be having any of my beloved plain cheese pizza, we're ordering another pizza half veggie half pepperoni. So I'll pair the veggie pizza with some cantaloupe and a really nice cucumber salad. :)

I always wondered this as well, because I hardly ever have time to prepare food for myself to take with me to work and eat at lunch time.

I generally will only go to these two places for lunch when I go to work: El Pollo Loco and Subway.

At El Pollo Loco I will only purchase their original pollo bowl and at subway I will only order their salad with their spinach as the greens, I never get their lettuce for my salads. I will have it with all the veggies and then add one of their meats such as: turkey, ham, tuna.

That's all I eat for lunch. Does anyone know if those are good choices?

ETA: For a snack I will have a green apple or an organic yogurt.

If you eat wheat, try Wheat Thin Thin Crisps, plain/original. Ingredients are wheat, oil, salt. period. I love the texture of the thin ones.

Hummus Dip. Use veggies to dip. Red bell peppers are my fav, but they really should be organic and those are expensive.

Fresh Salsa and if they sell jicama in your supermarkets, try slicing them up to use instead of chips. It's a hard, crisp root veggie that pretty much tastes like nothing, common in Mexico. When I was studying there, the family I stayed with often served slices with a ton of lime. So it tasted like lime. You could salt them, but if you are dipping them in salsa, you won't notice.

They seem to store for a long time too. I just tried it for the first time and I kept it for a couple weeks before slicing it. And the slices have been in the fridge for several days now and still seem as crisp. And they don't seem to oxidize. If I didn't know better, I'd swear they were a processed food full of preservatives.