Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lemonicee

coffee = clearer skin?

okay, so i am a college student with a highly irregular sleep schedule and unbalanced diet.

during finals week, i was sleeping probably about 3 hours per night, and drinking one cup of caffeinated coffee a day.

despite getting less sleep and eating anything but healthy foods for three days straight during finals week, i noticed my face (acne) had cleared up noticeably, so much so that my mom commented on it when i returned home the next week.

i do not drink coffee on a regular basis, as i typically reserve it for midterms/ finals cramming sessions, so that leads me to wonder - does daily coffee consumption lead to clearer skin, and if so, why?

Maybe you weren't attacking your face so harshly with tons of products while you were busy studying? Look at ALL the variables that might have caused the change. It is possible that coffee may have contributed, particularly just one cup a day as coffee does have antioxidant and heart protective qualities. Look up all the more recent claims for coffee's good effects. It is America's largest single source of anti-oxidants since most americans suck at a decent dietary regimen - look at the epidemic of obesity.