Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Catty

Spot treating

What do you find is the most effective for sport-treating, both for stopping a spot in its tracks and for healing a spot that you've popped? I've heard of lots of things - tea tree oil, BP, aspirin, etc but just wondered what everyone foun the most effective...

i use clean and clear persa gel. its BP and you can get it in 5% and in 10%. i use 10. i usually put it on at night and sometimes in the morning before my makeup to stop stuff from getting worse. sometimes it's miraculous and sometimes it takes awhile. i also use neosporin! it's antibacterial and acne is..well, bacteria. i spot it on after a pimple is "take care of" or where i've picked in order to prevent it from getting gross. i wash my face, put some of that on, then put on moisturizer once everything dries. it is AH-MAZING. let me know what you come up with! :)

2.5% BP

It is clinically proven to be as effective as 5% or even 10% BP, but with less side effects.

I *love* Dan's because it's a gel and it dries clear AND it's way cheaper that N-O-S. (Three of us in the household use it.)

It took me a while to switch to Dan's products because I don't believe in messing with success (I'm paranoid like that, lol), but his stuff is superior to most out there and is definitely a lot less expensive.