Notifications
Clear all

My topical blog--Differin, Clindamycin, and BenzaClin

MemberMember
(@sbjj0701)

Posted : 06/08/2009 1:36 pm

DAY 2 ON MY NEW REGIMEN.

Sooooo after trying accutane, and it completely failing, I have moved to topical retinoids. I use 3 topical creams---a triple threat if you will. I'm 18 years old and I've been an acne fighter since the 8th grade. It started out mild, but with age my acne seemed to develop into moderate/severe. Accutane didn't help me at all. In fact, it made my acne much worse and left me with scars. After finishing my accutane treatment, my acne was a little tiny bit better. But then it came back with vengeance two or three weeks later. My dermatologist decided to put me on Differin, Clindamycin, and BenzaClin. This blog is more for me to keep track of my own progress.

So far I have no new actives, just old ones from a couple days ago. And one HUGE active right near my nose that won't go away for the life of me. I usually almost always get acne on my chin. It's rare for me to get it on my cheeks, forehead of near my nose. But I developed a big ol' sucker right near my nose. Which is a little concerning. But hopefully these topicals will help get rid of it.

This is the regimen I started 2 days ago, topicals and all:

Morning:

-Wash with Dan's Cleanser. I love the stuff because it doesn't dry my skin out, and it's simple. It lets my topicals do the rest of the work...

-1% Clindamycin Gel

Night:

Dan's cleanser

-0.3% Differin Cream

-BenzaClin Pump which is 1% Clindamycin, and 5% Benzoyl Peroxide

We'll see how this goes!

MemberMember
(@sbjj0701)

Posted : 06/17/2009 3:08 pm

Sooooooooo........it's my 9th day on this regimen. I switched my cleanser up a little which is why I think I'm breaking out. I have developed not 1 but FOUR new zits on my chin which is no big surprise because that's where I always break out. And I was doing so well before.... I just hope these topicals start helping....

Also, I developed some blackheads and also a new postule on my chest after using the topicals on that area. I'm so sick of my chest acne, I really hope this goes away.

But I have some questions...

Is it common to develop really oily skin after using Clindamycin regularly? I feel like my face is becoming very oily very quickly. Has anyone else experienced this?

Morning:

-CVS Pore Cleanser

-1% Clindamycin Gel

Night:

-CVS Por Cleanser

-0.3% Differin Cream

-BenzaClin Pump which is 1% Clindamycin, and 5% Benzoyl Peroxide

MemberMember
(@barayrayalldayday)

Posted : 04/20/2013 9:14 am

I have! But I'm using the lotion type! I hate that side effect!