Notifications
Clear all

The Best Moisturizer On The Planet

MemberMember
(@adamrodriguez)

Posted : 06/08/2009 9:42 am

Im seriously not kidding around when i say aloe vera --a cacti-like plant-- is one of the most healing, soothing, repairing elements on gods green earth. If you don't try atleast some kind of aloe vera moisturizer once in your life you are crazy! If you have constantly red skin, dry skin, acne, enlarged pores, severely dry flaky skin you WILL benefit from aloe vera, there is not a single moisturizer on the planet that moisturizes as good as aloe vera, not natural oils, not jojoba, not anything... chemicals, acids, oils and alcohols are not moisturizers they only rob and damage your good skin. Natural skin care is the only way to achieve a stunning complexion.

There are 2 companies that base their entire product line on the good aloe-vera plant, there is the company called L'bri Pure N Natural and Forever Living Products. Im currently using Lbri's deep pore cleanser and oil-free moisturizer for my oily/combination skin. But i also discovered the healing benefits of Forever Living Aloe Vera Gelly which is far superior moisturizer and healing product that i have ever tried. Although Forever Living Products arent as natural as Lbri, they have great products (some products contain lanolin, glycerin, alcohol and other bad ingredients though).

you can goto lbri.com or foreverliving.com for more information, like i said you will NOT be sorry trying this stuff, i tried alot of moisturizers that contain petrolatum and other things and aloe vera products are far superior to them. After doing some research on how healing aloe vera is and before and after pictures of burn victims, psoriasis, eczema victims i was sold right away.

Check out the before and after photos of this lady that has been using lbri products, they are simply stunning before and after photos! heres what she wrote

I decided to try L'Bri Pure n' Natural in November of 2008. I confess, I was skeptical. I mean, really, another skin-care line and one that I had never heard of? Hmmmm... Well, I decided that I would put this skin care line to the test. I took a series of "before" photos and then began using the the L'Bri skin care line as directed. Initially, I started noticing little things - my skin felt clean, smoother, fewer clogged pores (aka - fewer zits) and overall, a nicer looking complexion. My husband even noticed (now THAT is proof!!). So, after 45 days of use, I decided it was time to take my "after" photos. I couldn't believe the changes that occurred! My color evened out (not so ruddy), my wrinkles had faded and I just looked more young and "fresh". My eyelids even seemed to be "lifted"!! The following photos are my "before and after" journal. And to confirm - these photos were all taken with the same camera with the same settings and lighting. The photos are completely free from any enhancements or alterations. They were only cropped to fit. Pretty astonishing huh!!
MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 06/08/2009 9:56 am

But wait, I thought Osmotics made "the best moisturizer on the planet". http://www.acne.org/messageboard/MOISTURIZ...ET-t226739.html

MemberMember
(@adamrodriguez)

Posted : 06/08/2009 9:58 am

^^i was wrong, i used osmotics triceram for about a month and like i said above i was still dry, red and irritated, flakey... etc. triceram contains lanolin, glycerin, parabens and a whole bunch of other crap, it worked for awhile but things started to get worse.

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 06/08/2009 10:10 am

Maybe you ought to wait a bit before touting the wonders of the products you come across. Just a thought.

MemberMember
(@riomar)

Posted : 06/08/2009 3:35 pm

Im seriously not kidding around when i say aloe vera --a cacti-like plant-- is one of the most healing, soothing, repairing elements on gods green earth. If you don't try atleast some kind of aloe vera moisturizer once in your life you are crazy! If you have constantly red skin, dry skin, acne, enlarged pores, severely dry flaky skin you WILL benefit from aloe vera, there is not a single moisturizer on the planet that moisturizes as good as aloe vera, not natural oils, not jojoba, not anything... chemicals, acids, oils and alcohols are not moisturizers they only rob and damage your good skin. Natural skin care is the only way to achieve a stunning complexion.

go to lbri.com, they have the best aloe vera based moisturizers that i have ever used, ever... like i said you will NOT be sorry trying this stuff. I tried alot of moisturizers and after using them for months i was still dry and irritated (mainly from the glycerin and lanolin), and plain unhappy.. but man i did some research on aloe vera, and decided on lbri products and im glad i did!

Check out the before and after photos of this lady that has been using lbri products, they are simply stunning before and after photos! heres what she wrote

I decided to try L'Bri Pure n' Natural in November of 2008. I confess, I was skeptical. I mean, really, another skin-care line and one that I had never heard of? Hmmmm... Well, I decided that I would put this skin care line to the test. I took a series of "before" photos and then began using the the L'Bri skin care line as directed. Initially, I started noticing little things - my skin felt clean, smoother, fewer clogged pores (aka - fewer zits) and overall, a nicer looking complexion. My husband even noticed (now THAT is proof!!). So, after 45 days of use, I decided it was time to take my "after" photos. I couldn't believe the changes that occurred! My color evened out (not so ruddy), my wrinkles had faded and I just looked more young and "fresh". My eyelids even seemed to be "lifted"!! The following photos are my "before and after" journal. And to confirm - these photos were all taken with the same camera with the same settings and lighting. The photos are completely free from any enhancements or alterations. They were only cropped to fit. Pretty astonishing huh!!

look at more of her before and afters here:

http://lbri.com/testimonials.aspx

Please read the links in my signature for more info on natural skin living

So what moisturizer is it that you used more specifically?

MemberMember
(@priestess)

Posted : 06/08/2009 5:34 pm

The after photos are more brightly lighted, not the best comparison.

MemberMember
(@adamrodriguez)

Posted : 06/08/2009 8:57 pm

go to lbri.com, they have the best aloe vera based moisturizers that i have ever used, ever... like i said you will NOT be sorry trying this stuff. I tried alot of moisturizers and after using them for months i was still dry and irritated (mainly from the glycerin and lanolin), and plain unhappy.. but man i did some research on aloe vera, and decided on lbri products and im glad i did!

look at more of her before and afters here:

http://lbri.com/testimonials.aspx

Please read the links in my signature for more info on natural skin living

So what moisturizer is it that you used more specifically?

im using the oil-free moisturizer for combination/oily skin but they have a bunch of other moisturizers for different skin types, click here to find out which one is best for you:

http://lbri.com/skincareproductsyt.aspx#moisturizers

MemberMember
(@riomar)

Posted : 06/08/2009 9:32 pm

Does this help combat oily skin?

This is my main concern......

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 06/09/2009 2:59 am

Realize that aloe vera can cause contact dermatitis.

MemberMember
(@adamrodriguez)

Posted : 06/09/2009 6:13 am

^^no that's benzoyl peroxide

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 06/09/2009 6:20 am

^^no that's benzoyl peroxide

Wrong. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1786822...pt=AbstractPlus

Allergic contact dermatitis to Aloe vera.Ferreira M, Teixeira M, Silva E, Selores M.

Department of Dermatology, Hospital Geral de Santo Antonio, Porto, Portugal. [email protected]

We present the case of a 72-year-old woman observed for dermatitis on the legs followed by apperance of erythema on the eyelids. She had a past history of peripheral venous insufficiency and had been using self home-made Aloe vera juice over the legs for relief from pain. Patch tests showed positive reactions to the leaf of Aloe, the macerated Aloe jelly, and nickel sulfate. Although most manufacturers process Aloe products avoiding its irritant extracts, and probably as a consequence reports of allergic reactions are rare, one must remember that the growing popularity on the use of Aloe products may stimulate its use 'as is' by the patients. Furthermore, it is important to specifically ask patients about the use of these products, because they consider it as innocuous and thus would not spontaneously provide such information.

and:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1196320...ogdbfrom=pubmed

Herbal products are being used increasingly for medical or cosmetic purposes. Many cosmetics contain plant extracts for fragrance. Sensitizing plants in cosmetics are tea tree oil, arnica, chamomile, yarrow, citrus extracts, common ivy, aloe, lavender, peppermint, and others. However, the sensitizing potential of these plants varies. Most of the sensitizing substances are sesquiterpene lactones or terpenes. The present paper reviews the various forms of phytodermatitis, including irritant plant dermatitis, phototoxic and photo-allergic dermatitis, allergic dermatitis, and airborne contact dermatitis.

And many more.

MemberMember
(@adamrodriguez)

Posted : 06/09/2009 7:12 am

True, but the only part of the Aloe Vera plant that causes contact dermatitis is the yellow liquid called Aloin. Lbri's products use "stabilized aloe vera gel" meaning the company uses a process that removes Aloin from the aloe vera gel so its safe to use.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 06/09/2009 7:15 am

It can STILL cause contact dermatitis.

MemberMember
(@riomar)

Posted : 06/09/2009 8:21 am

what about oily skin?

MemberMember
(@cecelia)

Posted : 06/09/2009 5:09 pm

True, but the only part of the Aloe Vera plant that causes contact dermatitis is the yellow liquid called Aloin. Lbri's products use "stabilized aloe vera gel" meaning the company uses a process that removes Aloin from the aloe vera gel so its safe to use.

Seriously dude, there is a reason that licensed professionals don't make sweeping global statements like this.^

Everyone is different. Everyone reacts differently to substances. Don't discount that the company that is selling the product is trying to make you buy it. And, yes, they always say that theirs is superior and some use scare tactics. Don't discount the idiosyncratic responses of individials with regard to sensitivities and allergies.

You really need to dial it back a notch with regard to the *absolute* authority with which you speak. You are wrong as often as you are right about what you post, making your credibility really suffer.

Two words - due diligence. Two more - reliable sources.

MemberMember
(@whateverittakes)

Posted : 06/09/2009 5:38 pm

reallly

MemberMember
(@adamrodriguez)

Posted : 06/09/2009 10:40 pm

Seriously dude, there is a reason that licensed professionals don't make sweeping global statements like this.^

Everyone is different. Everyone reacts differently to substances. Don't discount that the company that is selling the product is trying to make you buy it. And, yes, they always say that theirs is superior and some use scare tactics. Don't discount the idiosyncratic responses of individials with regard to sensitivities and allergies.

You really need to dial it back a notch with regard to the *absolute* authority with which you speak. You are wrong as often as you are right about what you post, making your credibility really suffer.

Instead of trying to bash my credibility why don't you research yourself what "stabilized aloe vera gel" is? Aloin is the only part of the plant to cause contact dermatitis, it is completely removed using the cold-pressed stabilization process of the clear aloe vera gel itself.

MemberMember
(@riomar)

Posted : 06/09/2009 10:44 pm

so adam, did you find that this helps with oily skin?

because in the past you have been overly enthusiatic on a few products and so I'm wondering if this is the best you have tried yet.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 06/09/2009 10:44 pm

Because she and I are both registered professionals and you are ...not.

MemberMember
(@adamrodriguez)

Posted : 06/09/2009 10:48 pm

because in the past you have been overly enthusiatic on a few products and so I'm wondering if this is the best you have tried yet.

well ive only been using the product for a week, ill be using the whole product line soon so ill let you know. Try cutting back on cleansers that lather, thats what makes your oiliness becomes a problem in the first place.

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 06/09/2009 10:49 pm

*headdesk*

How can you start threads like this when you've only been using the product for a week? You did the same thing with Triceram, and look how that turned out. This is ridiculous.

MemberMember
(@cecelia)

Posted : 06/09/2009 11:01 pm

Instead of trying to bash my credibility why don't you research yourself what "stabilized aloe vera gel" is? Aloin is the only part of the plant to cause contact dermatitis, it is completely removed using the cold-pressed stabilization process of the clear aloe vera gel itself.

I'm not bashing your credibility. You're doing a fine job with that on your own.

MemberMember
(@prettyboy909)

Posted : 06/09/2009 11:32 pm

well ive only been using the product for a week, ill be using the whole product line soon so ill let you know. Try cutting back on cleansers that lather, thats what makes your oiliness becomes a problem in the first place.

well if your trying to cut back on cleansers that lather than you must be trying to cut back on natures beauty cleansing bar that you are telling everyone to get....Dont you got to work that into a lather

MemberMember
(@riomar)

Posted : 06/09/2009 11:37 pm

well i'm officially confused.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 06/10/2009 12:06 am

well i'm officially confused.

Why? What are you confused about?