Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mimie2022

How long does the initial breakout ???

Sorry for my bad english !!!

I am in my 3rd week on the Regimen and I have a bad breakout !! My acne is worse than at the beginning

How long is this breakout ??

How do I know if it could be the moisturizer which is bad make this breakout ???

mimie,

A breakout around week two is pretty normal, and as one continues to increase the amount of bp, the breakouts should clear faster and be milder.

However, knowing your history and your skin issues, I still think it's best if you consulted with a Dermatologist.

Mimie, stick with it. Some people still get pimples well into six or even seven weeks into the Regimen, though they should go away quicker than normal. Finding the right moisturizer can also be tough. Just make for sure that you always use one that is non-comedogenic. And, in my experience, NO MOISTURIZER will completely take away flakiness until your skin is adjusted to the full dosage of BP...usually around the 7-8 week.

Thank you all

I have consulted a dermatologist in February 2009

He gave me an oral antibiotic

It does not help at all!

Roaccutane have done several times, and the dermatologist does not want to give !!!

That is why I am back on Dan's regimen

But my skin is so sensitive, and I can’t put the full dosage !

I will try gradually with the Cetaphil moisturizing lotion, but I'm afraid with this lotion because it has ingredients comedogenic!

I also have acne on my neck (just below the jaw) and this place is so sensitive! How to do the regimen in this sensitive place ?

I would suggest another dermatologist. There are many more avenues through a licensed professional than just antibiotics and Accutane. There are retinoids, azelaic acid and other topical acids. At this point, I do think you'd be best served giving up on the Regimen and consulting a professional in your area. If you had bad experiences with one dermatologist, that does not mean that the others will be the same.

Look at diet, too!

sorry for my bad english ...

So, How do I know if a moisturizer is comedogenic for me the first few weeks of the regimen ?

There may be a breakout the first weeks on the regimen, but if the breakout is due to the moisturizer that don’t agree with my skin, how do I know? I can think that is the breakout of the first fews weeks on the regimen …

I am using Cetaphil moisturizer lotion.

If you're on The Regimen for more than a few weeks and don't see any improvement at all, you might want to consider trying a different moisturizer.

Thank you for your answers in my different posts !!!

The regimen has been working for over a year with only Jojoa oil before and Dan’s BP after. 100 % clear !!!!

But suddenly I broke out with jojoba after a year : incredible, no ???

Since I can not make the regimen because I can not find a moisturizer that will work with the flakiness and dryness

I have seen many dermatologist and try all the treatments (Roaccutane antibiotics, Differin, Retin A, Dalacin, ....)

I have a light acne (not strong), but my skin is very very sensitive.

Do you know people like me for whom the regime did not work with a light acne and very sensitive skin??

Thank you

Thank you for your answers in my different posts !!!

The regimen has been working for over a year with only Jojoa oil before and Dan’s BP after. 100 % clear !!!!

But suddenly I broke out with jojoba after a year : incredible, no ???

Since I can not make the regimen because I can not find a moisturizer that will work with the flakiness and dryness

I have seen many dermatologist and try all the treatments (Roaccutane antibiotics, Differin, Retin A, Dalacin, ....)

I have a light acne (not strong), but my skin is very very sensitive.

Do you know people like me for whom the regime did not work with a light acne and very sensitive skin??

Thank you

I know I'm not Wynne, but have you tried salicylic acid? It helps with light acne and can be good for sensitive skin.

Thank you Addie

Salicilc acid is not known in Europe (Switzerland) to treat acne

I do not know where to buy this product here in Europe (Switzerland)?

I know you can get it over the internet from Paula's Choice. They have a European distributing center, so you don't have to pay for shipping from the US. Dan makes a salicylic acid product, too.

My suggestion is as twice before already: go to a derm.

I have also combined the three topics you've posted in this forum recently so the information will all be in one place.