Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justinberger

Do any of you carry a mirror wherever you go? :(

I was just curious if any of you carry a mirror with you all the time, right when i wake up i run to the mirror and look at my face in all weird angles and make sure i look the best i can :( then whenever i go places i always carry a pocket mirror and whenver i am around someone and i think they look at my scars, i always say i have to use the bathroom and i look in the mirror.....can anyone relate to this?

I was just curious if any of you carry a mirror with you all the time, right when i wake up i run to the mirror and look at my face in all weird angles and make sure i look the best i can :( then whenever i go places i always carry a pocket mirror and whenver i am around someone and i think they look at my scars, i always say i have to use the bathroom and i look in the mirror.....can anyone relate to this?

absolutely, i'm a total control freak so if i'm not looking for non-existant pimples i'm checking to make sure every damn hair is in place.

yes. i am aware this is neurotic.

it's funny first i had the acne and was always worried when i was younger, now that i am older i have the scars to deal with...when does it end?!!??! it's the year 2009 and there is still no CURE or close to CURE for acne or acne scars, yet we can clone a sheep, send a man to space...it just makes me sad..

I carry a lot of things with me everywhere. I've always got all my makeup (complete with mirrored compact), deodorant, Wet Wipes, hand sanitizer, lotion, and a bunch of other things in my purse, because, in the immortal words of Allison Reynolds, "you never know when you may have to jam".

haha im a guy so i can't really carry a pocket mirror without looking weird. so i use just about everything else including my cell phone, i touch, etc. :0

yes all the time though i dont really look at it or im ambarrased that people would see me looking at my face like im crazy so yeah i always take it with me but i dont really use it.....ow i liked having a mirror with me when im with my bf and everytime he goes away i look at myself and its always fine i dont know why i get sooo scared to look at myself inthe mirror it always looks fine yeah with make up on!!!

No, but I should. Often when I go into the bathroom at school and see myself in the mirror, my hair will be all messed up. My hair gets messy very easily. And then I think, "Wow, I've been walking around looking like this for the past few hours?"

Carrying that mirror around is going to make you paranoid. Look in the mirror once before you go out to start your day. There are physical flaws and imperfections in each one of us. I understand it's hard to be positive, but you're going to have to try.

Carrying that mirror around is going to make you paranoid. Look in the mirror once before you go out to start your day. There are physical flaws and imperfections in each one of us. I understand it's hard to be positive, but you're going to have to try.

I agree. I used spend most of my day just checking my face in the mirror, it'll drive you crazy, trust me lol.

Look in the mirror in the morning when you're getting ready, then leave your other one at home!

You'll feel much better about yourself.

I'm a guy and I keep a tiny pocket mirror in the bottom of my locker at school. Sometimes I'll ask to go get a book or something from my locker during class and go check out my face. Oh well, we all do what we gotta do. Best of luck to you.

No. There's no room in the bottomless pit that is my purse. I know that made no sense, but it does. Trust me. :D

YES I need to carry a small mirror with me all the time and I have for like the last 6 years lol, I don't obsessively look in it but I like to be able to check my makeup, and my skin gets really dry so I have to check it to see when I have to moisturize so my skin isnt all flakey and gross when I'm out.

The mirror is the worst. I tell myself I shouldn't carry one around with me because looking at it will just remind me of the horror on my face. But then I just pull out my iPod and stare at the mirror backing part of it...

DONT LOOK AT A MIRROR! It'll just make you feel more self-conscious.

no, wouldnt want to either, it would only make me more and more depressed, i try not to be to obsessed with mirrors.

one in my desk at work and one in my purse,all the time. When my cousins ctach me doing it too much they say I look vain. I use alot of makeup and cover up okay, i love clothes so I try to look my best all the time. Im far from vain, if only they truly knew that I only look in the mirror to make sure i dont have a ugly pimple ready to burst or to make sure my scars are covered up. It's a baaaaaaaaaad habit, trying to stop.

hey i am perzy ..chely

yeah i always have to look in the mirror when i wake.. i do carry a mirror i always feel people look

at my scars but i found people that love me and could care less about how i look

i have scars feel like everyone is looking at them but they dont they got things more importand to worry about..well the people i know ehehhe

I dont carry one around, but Im always looking at my face in the toilets at college its not that Im vein im just really self concious about acne and stuff

it's funny first i had the acne and was always worried when i was younger, now that i am older i have the scars to deal with...when does it end?!!??! it's the year 2009 and there is still no CURE or close to CURE for acne or acne scars, yet we can clone a sheep, send a man to space...it just makes me sad..

Seriously, WTF?!? Maybe the people on this site will become scientist and such and find a cure :pray:

No, but I should. Often when I go into the bathroom at school and see myself in the mirror, my hair will be all messed up. My hair gets messy very easily. And then I think, "Wow, I've been walking around looking like this for the past few hours?"

That's pretty hilarious

What's killing me the most is the fact that i have scars only on the right side of my face; the type of scarring that sometimes its there (i.e car mirrors) and under different angles/lighting circumstances my face looks flawless. Its driving me crazy cause whenever i talk to someone theres always a 50% chance that my face will either look normal or the scars will be visible. So yea i can totally relate to this and i always carry a small mirror with me to check if my scars show up or not. Luckily most of the times i cant see them but when i get a glimpse of my face's reflection and they are apparent its devastating for me.

Also i am always worrying about where to sit, how is the lighting and trying to have the left side of my face shown. In the car i always check my face too on those damn mirrors, im pretty sure sooner or later ill get into an accident cause of this obsession of mine.

I tried to get some fillers/injections on them but i was told that there is no scarring or its too superficial to inject any material in them. Sorry for my english but its not my native language.

I really, really, truly believe that if doctors wanted to find a cure for acne, they would. HOWEVER, some bastards make a crap load of money off of people who have acne. If they found a cure for acne, who's gonna waste $40 on proactive, realize after three months it doesn't work, and then go spend $50 murad....and then after that, go to the dermatologist and pay for more expensive crap that often just barely manages the problem? If they found a cure for acne, people with this skin condition would only pay a one time price. The drug companies want you to struggle and suffer with your skin for your entire life, because if the problem gets fixed, you won't be spending money anymore.

I think it's the same deal with diseases like cancer and diabetes. Look at how much money the medical industry makes off of heart wrenchingly sick people. That's why diabetes is only "manageable"

and that's why we'll be "searching for a cure" to cancer for a very, very long time.

Sorry for showcasing my conspiracy theory...

NO!!!! Not anymore!

I'd get SUPER depressed every time I see myself in the mirror, ESPECIALLY mini pocket ones. All those big pores, scars. I remember times when I'm in my car, I'd pull out the mirror for a quick look and all of a sudden, start crying.

I'd sit in my car with tears flowing out of my eyes up to half an hour. Missing out on whatever I'm supposed to be doing.

Sucks eh? I never carry mirrors anymore.