Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jrm209

going off solodyn

ive been taking solodyn for a couple months and it has helped clear my acne tremendously...

but ive heard from some people that going off acne antibiotics will bring the acne right back...because the meds are only supposed to suppress the acne and not work to eliminate it...is this true?

i know it depends on each person but im just scared it might come back so i wanted to know if anybody wanted to share their experience once they went off solodyn or other acne meds...did it come back?and if so, how long did it take for it to come back?

Please ask your doctor for instructions on a proper tapered dosage so that you will be less likely to risk an acne bloom/flare from abrupt discontinuation of minocycline. If the dosage is tapered slowly, about half every fourteen doses, there's less risk of a bloom/flare.

No. Nothing is completely certain. But to lessen the risk, discuss a tapered schedule with your doctor.

Also, moved to antibiotics posts.

i was on solodyn for 3 months and it helped a lot...i stoped using it because i became pregnant and in about 2 months i broke out like crazy a lot like 20-30 pimples on my face and that was not normal before i usually had like 2-6 pimples and would heal right away but now its been 2 months and im still dealing with it.....BUT IM NOT SURE IF IT WAS BECAUSE I STOPED USING IT OR BECAUSE OF THE HORMONE CHANGE DURING PREGNANCY....ONE DOCTOR TOLD ME THAT ONCE I HAD MY ACNE UNDER CONTROL I WOULD STOP USING IT AND JUST GO WITH GLYCOLIC ACID TREATMENTS ONCE A MONTH SO IM NOT SURE IF IT WOULD CAUSE A BIG PROBLEM ....BUT ASK YOUR DOCTOR AND WOULD YOU LET ME KNOW....im thinking on going back to it once i give birth!!

thanxxz!!

yeah that could most likely be due to the pregnancy...

anyone else have any experiences they'd like to share?

I've been on tetratycline and doxycicline. After the tetra it came back within 3 or 4 months even worse after running out of both the retin-a and antiobiotics... Other antibiotics didn't work after that.