Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pchic

Product that can actually control oil?

I am sick of looking an unwashed greaseball in photos.. I've read about MAc blot powder that is supposed to control oil. Does it work well? What are the other makeup products that actually control oil throughout the day? I have extremely oily skin, more oily than most people.

I've had good luck with Lancome's Teint Idole foundation. It's a bit pricey, so I'm not sure how much you're willing to spend, but it may be worth a try. I apply it with a makeup sponge and then dust loose powder over to set it.

I have disgustingly oily skin...humidity and heat only make it look worse!! Now, i have tried the Mac Blot powder and its awesome at controling the oil! It really worked, but alas it made me break out in cysts :( however i am using monistat chafing gel as a primer and it works good so far...even helps with my huge pores...hasnt broken me out..yet :think:

I really like mac's blot powder. It works great and it isn't drying, which sometimes happened with other oil-controlling powders. I'm also a big fan of like MUFE's HD powder.

MAC Prep+Prime Translucent Finishing Powder. My makeup always looks nasty, greasy and sticky after 8 hours no matter how much primer or whatever I use. If you dust this on lightly over your makeup, your skin will stay somewhat matte. Not completely mind you, but it will help.

P.S. I usually can't wear MAC products, they clog my pores and break me out. But this stuff is great. MAC will let you return products with a receipt, used or not.

Murad Oil Control SPF

Makeup Forever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

Smashbox Photo Finish Light Foundation Primer

I had the SAME problem in photos. Bleh, it looked terrible. I used to always get oily in my T-zone starting mid-afternoon-ish, but after using these products such is not the case. :wub: All help control oil, but I'm not sure how great the Makeup Forever is for acne prone skin. I'm still trying that one out. The SPF and primer are golden though.

I am seriously lovin' the smashbox primer. If you were to try out only one of these products, try the smashbox. I'm really impressed with it.

thansk guys for the suggestions?

My oily is extremely oily, as in after applying makeup, my entire face starts to get really greasy after 1 hour. It's that bad.

I do use blotting papers but I don't like to overuse them, even though it's a myth that it causes the skin to be more oily. More of they are pretty expensive if I were to use them as often as I do lol. I only use them when I'm out at night.

Have you tried milk of magnesia?

Also, my skin used to be grotesquely oily too. It got a little more bearable as I got older, but was still very oily. Then after changing my diet and supplements, it suddenly became normal. For example, Sugar and meals that spike blood sugar stimulate the hormones that cause oily skin. Protein, good fats and fiber stabilize blood sugar. And nutrients help the body stabilize blood sugar as well as inhibit over production of hormones. And that's just a small part of how diet affects acne. More in my sig.

Also, my skin used to be grotesquely oily too. It got a little more bearable as I got older, but was still very oily. Then after changing my diet and supplements, it suddenly became normal.

In this case.....

what would you consider normal?

I have been using Makeup Forever HD Powder over my makeup as a finishing powder...though it works well at covering up oil, it really enhances the fact that I am wearing makeup since my face looks so matte and powder-y....recently I tried putting the HD powder on BEFORE my makeup (EDM) and it works just as well at keeping oil at bay yet doesnt leave me with a super matte, over-powdered look. I would defintely suggest using this powder before putting on your makeup!

I am a male and my skin is as oily as it gets!

I use make up forevers all matt make up primer, along with the mat velvet + , and i set it all with velvet finish compact powder.

Make up forever is one of those professional make up artists brands that are made to last!

Cirque du solei uses make up forever for their water proof abilities.

Also, my skin used to be grotesquely oily too. It got a little more bearable as I got older, but was still very oily. Then after changing my diet and supplements, it suddenly became normal.

In this case.....

what would you consider normal?

Not dry. Usually not oily to slightly oily depending on the humidity. Hair washed every 3 days as opposed to daily like before.

I am sick of looking an unwashed greaseball in photos.. I've read about MAc blot powder that is supposed to control oil. Does it work well? What are the other makeup products that actually control oil throughout the day? I have extremely oily skin, more oily than most people.

My skin is extremely oily, even in the winter, but the warmer months are horrible. I swear by the MAC blotting powder for the warmer months and it does a better job at controlling the oil than anything else I have tried. Alot of the "oil controlling" moisturizers/serums leave my skin feeling tacky and the foundation will clump.

where do you buy makeup forever and which matifying product is best to stop really oily skin? I cant seem to get it off the site?

where do you buy makeup forever and which matifying product is best to stop really oily skin? I cant seem to get it off the site?

You can buy Make Up Forever at Sephora

I have insanely oily skin.

I have tried Smashbox Photo finish primer and milk of magnesia and my skin STILL gets very oily very quicly!

I swear by MAC's Blot Powder..but I have to use this multiple times throughout the day, still it's better than nothing.

I'm dying to try Monistat antic-chafing gel but don't know how to get hold of it in the UK :(

MUFE as well...does anyone know if they sell MUFE in the uk?

This monistat anti chafing gel is non-comedogenic??

I broke out terribly from it last year. :/ I'd stick with normal primers personally.