Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cupcake_lacayo5204

Need help matching skin tone to foundation or concealer?

So i need opinions from those experience in makeup field or based upon what u see in my pic. My cheeks and face Im obviously light-skinned, with a pink,peachy maybe light beige undertone, not really sure, i usually go for the lightest shade which is an ivory or fair, would i be a fair or light, it seems the makeup i use tends to make my skin even more pinkish.I just need help covering acne and redness on my chin. Please if anyone has knowledge. I look best in purples,pinks, blues so i would think im a cool, but i can also wear orange and yellow and also gold jewelry as well as silver. My skin is not olive of course so would i be warm or neutral?

Cool tones:

Look better in silver jewelery

look best in hues of pink,purples, blues, and greens

look better in ivory not white

have pink or blue undertone

Warm:

look better in gold jewelry

look best in rusts, white olive,orange

yellow skin tone

look better in white

post-93303-1244439899_thumb.jpg

post-93303-1244439899_thumb.jpg

Oo your man is cute!

I think you'd look good with warm tones. But depending on the day and your mood, you might also want to try light. That way you can mix it up a bit. If you get really good coverage, then you could wear either.

Thanks i appreciate it. he a cutie :wub: Ill try going up one shade instead of getting the lightest color cuz i noticed in some pics u can see where i put the foundation on certain spots im light skinned but i have some color on my face.lol

Neutral is not a pink undertone, it's pink and yellow - peachy.

OP: You look like a cool. Maybe a true beige shade.

Thanks i believe im cool as i look better in clothes like hot pinks, blues and purples, although i can wear gold and orange, my skin is not olive or have a yellow undertone at all, mostly peachy pink.

I have 2 pieces of card that are a test to discover whether you are cool or warm, I'll try and find then and scan them in for you.

If I don't essentially one is a dusky pink and one is a peachy orange. You hold them up to your face and whichever look better against your skin-tone tell your colour (pink-coolm peach-warm).

The pic link isn't working for me to be able to tell for you but when I tried it, it transpired my sister was a warm but I was cool; so i don't think you can go solely on nationality.

You may have already receieved a sufficent answer, but this is the only test that worked for me.

Determining if you are a "warm tone" or a "cool tone":

Look at your inner forearms. If the veins are blueish/purpleish in color, you are a cool tone. However if the veins are greenish in color you are a warm tone. Very easy.

I struggled with this one for a long time and stumbled upon this tip very recently.

So i need opinions from those experience in makeup field or based upon what u see in my pic. My cheeks and face Im obviously light-skinned, with a pink,peachy maybe light beige undertone, not really sure, i usually go for the lightest shade which is an ivory or fair, would i be a fair or light, it seems the makeup i use tends to make my skin even more pinkish.I just need help covering acne and redness on my chin. Please if anyone has knowledge. I look best in purples,pinks, blues so i would think im a cool, but i can also wear orange and yellow and also gold jewelry as well as silver. My skin is not olive of course so would i be warm or neutral?

Cool tones:

Look better in silver jewelery

look best in hues of pink,purples, blues, and greens

look better in ivory not white

have pink or blue undertone

Warm:

look better in gold jewelry

look best in rusts, white olive,orange

yellow skin tone

look better in white

I think you're a cool-tone. The guy you're with has warm skin, just compared to him makes it easy to see that you're a cool. See how much more of a warm yellow he has in his skin?

Asians are warm because we have yellow undertones, and cacasians are usually neutral(pink undertone)

I'm not Asian but I am almost certain this isn't true. Many people take it for granted that asians have warm skin because they have darker skin compared to white people? The truth is that warm and cool tones exist in every racial group. Furthermore, cool skin is more common than warm. The best way, imo, to tell is by figuring out which colors look best on you (gather opinions) and then decide.

Guest jessmc

I think you are a cool also. I just recently realized about the whole skin tone thing when I had a bad hair color experience. ugh. I am a cool too but never really thought about it. It's definitely making a difference in the makeup I choose. Plus now I know that my natural color hair will look better on me since it's a cool brown and not a warm brown. It's going to take awhile to grow it out. Boo.

I did the vein test too, but my veins look green and purple? Maybe they are blue and purple and the blue ones just look kind of green because I have a tan. I certainly don't have yellow to my skin, it's pink and pale. It does get some color in the sun though.

It's my damn hyper pigmentation that makes my face look like I have orange splotches all over the place. And orange is my worst color because I have a cool skin tone. ugh.

Hope your makeup turns out good.

The coloring in my face is pretty much exactly the same as yours. Like you, I have pink tones that come out in the face, but the rest of my skin has definite yellow-tones. I've tried makeup with cool undertones but it never looks right, so I stick with warm tones.

The vein test that CEB mentioned works well. Try looking at the veins closer to your elbow as opposed to your wrist, where the skin is thickest.

You can always try going to a makeup counter and having them match you. That's what I did. I need to go back now though, because the foundation I have now was matched to me last summer when I'd been laying out getting some color for my wedding and I was darker than I am now. I need to go back to a paler shade.

thanks for all the tips, i cant really tell what color my veins are they look in the middle but im guessing more of a bluish---and I disagree about the nationality thing me and my boyfriend are both hispanic he has an olive complexion as u can see and me more of a pale coll tone with pink.