Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cold water makes it HARDER for soap to stick to anything, actually. It's that whole pesky kinetic theory in chemistry. Yak, do you have any possible reasons this "works?" I'm curious of why you think it does.

A Cold Shower could help because it lowers your body temperature, therefore lowering the heat your body produces and its sebum production.

I read similar advice to this in a ebook called BEAUTIFUL SKIN.    I found it on LULU.COM.

The book has helped me to clear my skin in 6 days.  I consider it the best purchase i ever made in my life.

Ya not some kind of rep for the site are you?!,i mean is what you say about this e-book true...!?

Yak,

I have no reason to want to contradict you. But you are talking about the magic of this showering stuff so I just want to know what effect, scientifically, it has on skin.

Well i found out you can't really have a full blown cold shower if your suffer from certain conditions.

For a start i'd recommend anybody with asthma to stop taking or don't take cold showers FULL STOP!.

I took one this morning and felt very bad,i had very bad asthma for a few hours...plus my nose was running and i felt like shit allround.

So now i have showers that are very slightly warm...not HOT but very slightly warm!.

After I tried a warm, followed by cold, shower, I felt nauseous and almost threw up.... :unsure:

Yakushi, what type and severity of acne did you have before cold showers? And how long till you noticed improvement and how long till it completely cleared your skin?

THanks

Nordics and Russians know best. Baking in a sauna while drinking vodka and eating salt cured fish, then madly jumping into a frozen lakes has many health benefits, otherwise they wouldn't have been doing it for centuries. A hot bath relaxes your organs and mind, I find a hot tub makes me very drowsy. Ever try to sleep in a cold bath?, the body responds by drawing blood flow from your limbs to your vitals that require warm fresh blood. That is why in winter your hands and feet get numb. Anyways if you belive it is an old wives tale or whatever, good, you are entitled to your opinion. But so are we. There is no reason for such arguments...

After I tried a warm, followed by cold, shower, I felt nauseous and almost threw up....  :unsure: