Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RazorG

Laugh lines?

Okay, I've never had laugh lines in my entire life. I'm only 18 and 2 weeks into the regimen I've noticed them and they still haven't went away and it s been 4 weeks. Is this normal?

hi im chely .. i am 18 going on 19 .. and i have them also not bad i think people say i just have chubby cheeks but idk i think i migth moisturize a bit more but still idk why they are there!!

Hi RazorG,

I started the regimen when I was 19 and by the time I was 20 I had laugh lines :(. I used A LOT of moisturizer to try and get rid of them but it didnt work.... for some people it does though, so you could try that first. It really sucked because the regimen cleared me up 100%... it was amazing.... But for me it wasnt worth having the laugh lines, so I quit the regimen. The lines got less visible but they were still there :(. I just feel like BP really SUCKS the moisture of of your skin and your skin just cant bounce back very well. It sucked that I had to quit because I broke out really badly, but I found other ways to help my skin.... I went the natural diet way.

Anyway I hope this helps.... I'm not dissing the regimen at all... it just wasnt the right way to go for ME.

T

Oh damn, I really hope they go away. It seems like I'm not the only one who got them.

Oh damn, I really hope they go away. It seems like I'm not the only one who got them.

I hope they go away for you... haha 18 year olds shouldnt have to deal with wrinkles!

I hope they go away for you... haha 18 year olds shouldnt have to deal with wrinkles!

Yea, haha. Well the good thing is my acne is fading quickly so It's something I can deal with for now.

I wouldn't worry too much about the laugh lines. You are very young, and your skin is still very resilient and able to bounce back. I'm 32 ex smoker, and had prominent laugh lines and such. I started using Glycolic Acid seriously 5yrs ago, and the laugh lines have melted away; along with any other wrinkle or pore. Of course I still have mild hormonal acne, that I am recovering from (that's why I am here). But I think if you start using a good moisturizer (at least at night) and a mild glycol wash or the Dan's AHA, you should start to see the difference.

Good Luck.

It sounds like you aren't being careful where you put the BP, moisturizer and jojoba oil. Even if you steer clear of the eye area with the BP, if the moisturizer gets near that area, it will CARRY the BP there with it.

When I first started the regimen, I noticed that. You must be SUPER careful that you completely steer clear of your eye area with EVERY product you apply. Anything will carry the BP with it and migrate to other areas of your face.

I would also treat myself to a great eye cream and wait to apply it until after everything else is BONE DRY. Yes, it takes longer, but it's a small price to pay for acne free AND wrinkle free skin.

I just read your regimen and you aren't using any moisturizer at all besides jojoba oil? You need to moisturize! No wonder your eyes are so dry!

It sounds like you aren't being careful where you put the BP, moisturizer and jojoba oil. Even if you steer clear of the eye area with the BP, if the moisturizer gets near that area, it will CARRY the BP there with it.

When I first started the regimen, I noticed that. You must be SUPER careful that you completely steer clear of your eye area with EVERY product you apply. Anything will carry the BP with it and migrate to other areas of your face.

I would also treat myself to a great eye cream and wait to apply it until after everything else is BONE DRY. Yes, it takes longer, but it's a small price to pay for acne free AND wrinkle free skin.

I just read your regimen and you aren't using any moisturizer at all besides jojoba oil? You need to moisturize! No wonder your eyes are so dry!

Huh? Its not my eyes at all. I make sure to be extra careful and keep any products I put on my face atleast an inch away. My eyes are fine. Its my laugh lines right beside my mouth.

You didn't say where they were in your original post. Still think you should moisturize.

Yea I'm going to order Dan's moisturizer and hope that helps. Right now I just use AHA every night.

I got those also and never had them before. Between BP makin my skin scab over every time I put it on and the horendous looking laugh lines I put BP in my worst enemy book and threw it out. Since then I would mousturize and they went away...They are not permanent, at least on me they weren't...All it is, is you skin getting super dry and pullin itself together...

I got those also and never had them before. Between BP makin my skin scab over every time I put it on and the horendous looking laugh lines I put BP in my worst enemy book and threw it out. Since then I would mousturize and they went away...They are not permanent, at least on me they weren't...All it is, is you skin getting super dry and pullin itself together...

Oooh, how long have you been on the regimen for?