Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have adult acne which is almost completely gone since I've been on the Proactiv system for a year. I have been using just the cleanser and the moisturizer for a few months now and the acne is still gone. I fear the system is too bad for my skin for long term use. Has anyone stopped using Proactiv and kept their acne at bay? If so, what skin care line did you use? Thanks for the advice

no dont ever make that mistake thta i have made. i used proactive for almost 2 yrs then it seems like all acanes are gone. then i stoped using it, i was perfectly fine for couple weeks, but after then i got really bad breakout it was that bad i was planing to go see doctor. then i start using proactive back and now proactive wasnt working for me as before. one of my frind told me abt OXY Meximum strength clensing pads, i try that it tooks 1 week but i got clear it up. now i am still using OXY and feel like i schold have start using OXY before insted of proactive. b/c proactive has too many hassle and too many steps to aply and also much more expensive then OXY. so if you think its too expensive for you or too many steps to do everyday, i would say start using OXY, its so simple to aply take no more then 30 Seconds and it only cost $5. so that way u can keep your acne in control and not to worry abt cost of proactive or any of those steps everyday.

Just use the cleanser,its the best part of the system anyways,make skin so smooth,gotta be really gentle though.

cleanser and moisturizer

alot of people who hate the 3 step use only the cleanser

they try to scare you with "it wont work unless you use all 3" loll

Well, technically it's the BP that's keeping your acne at bay, which would be the lotion because the cleanser's BP is pointless as you wash it off immediately anyways. If you have to keep 1 step out of the whole regimen I'd choose the lotion. It's incredibly comedogenic though.

hey FC7,

I actually thought my acne was gone because I've been on Proactiv for about 3 years now, (since in 8th grade, now I'm in 12th) so one night I said, hey, let's see how my skin does without Proactiv!..

It didn't turn out pretty!! So I got some breakout, then eventually cysts so I said alright, that's enough, back to Proactiv.

Few days ago, I was being careless because I'm trying to treat my acne scars and I had to apply some stuff that comes with the scar treatment so having that put on, I didn't want to put Proactiv because I was lazy. Well, I'm paying the price for it now because I have had some cyst and now it seems like I have my face under control.

I do agree the 3 step system is such a hassle.

Totally disagree with halfpipe. The cleanser is one of the worst parts of the system! The only good thing out of the proactiv system is the bp lotion. I totally feel into the trap of thinking you needed all three and my face was red and raw all day. So i stopped using the cleanser and toner and all of a sudden my face didnt burn at all. My advice would be to stop wasting money on the rest when all you need is the lotion. Wash your face with a gentle NON beaded cleanser and use a small amount of the lotion every night and maybe morning.

Just use the cleanser,its the best part of the system anyways,make skin so smooth,gotta be really gentle though.

cleanser and moisturizer

alot of people who hate the 3 step use only the cleanser

I don't get what your saying. How does it help with acne but its comedogenic?