Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My acne seems to get getting worse the older I get. I'm 32 years old now and I still get to many pimples on my back to count. It would nice to be able to go swimming again, since it has been about 10 years minimum since I last did it. I'm going to try the vineger for the first time today. I'm glad I found this board, but it sucks at the same time that so many people are going through this problem. I will take a before picture and keep you all updated weekly.

post-104939-1244392871_thumb.jpg

post-104939-1244392871_thumb.jpg

I bought the ACV today and I'm going to put it on tonight before I go to bed, but I do plan on washing it off in the morning because I do work-out and I don't want to stink. I also started to shower my back twice a day in hoping to wash the dead skin cells off.

I notice you are 32 years of age, have you by any chance gone to the doctor for an allergy blood test? I also had mild acne on my back and I heard so many people saying that it had nothing to do with allergies but I got an allergy test and they found I was allergic to soya, when I eat products with soya my skin tends to get oily and thereby more prone to acne so it makes the bacne worse.

I am sure there will be people on this board who will be against this idea, but it cannot hurt to go get a bloodtest done to see if your allergic to anything as allergies can express upon your body in many different forms, sometimes acne.

Other than this advice the only thing I can suggest is using a backscrub, I had posted earlier about using head and shoulders classic clean for scalp acne which worked for me. I also used head and shoulders on a backscrub and it tends to help, you can try it out and see if it makes a difference for you.

I'm going to try the Vineger for a month and see what happens. I never even thought about alergies causing acne. Only problem with that is I don't have health insurance, thus is the reason I have to stick to over the counter stuff. It is somthing that may be happening, because I am alergic to so many things. Anyhow thanks for the advice and I will try the HS in a month if the Vineger does not work. p.s I also started taking lose dose asprin to help with the inflammation and the smell of vineger is horrible

Unfortunately that is the problem with living in the USA, I know quite a few people dont trust leaving health insurance to the government but I personally really am glad the government pays for most things here. I dont think a bloodtest would cost that much though? At least you cant try and see for yourself if your acne might be more adundant because of an allergy, try and notice if your skin gets extra oily or if you notice more than usual acne after you have eaten something. Its a difficult task without a bloodtest but if you really want to make sure I would really reccomend a bloodtest so that if it does entail that you are allergic to certain foods you could try replacing them in your diet and see if it helps.

Who knows, it might not have anything to do with the allergies or it simply might just completely be the root cause of your acne. Im only saying this because you are 32 so Im really not sure what else could cause your acne (such as hormonal imbalance)

Hope you get your answers and solution,

cheers

Also, another thing I thought might be good for you which helped me a lot is basically a special mud for your back that you put on and let it dry and wash it off after a while, ofcourse this is really useful if you have an enclosed area in your garden or house such as lying in the sun near the swimming pool, or else you have to deal with the fact that the drain might get clogged.

This is not the stuff I used, but I have heard a lot of positive things regarding dead sea mud wax, here you can buy 30 lbs of it for around 40 dollars, I guess its expensive in a way but you can search ebay and see if anyone else is exporting it from israel:

It would could be neccesary to get some help when it comes to applying it thought. What I can tell you is that after I used mud for about a week in on vacation in Turkey it really gave a brilliant result, ofcourse it was easy to run and wash it off as the summerhouse is right next to the sea. For me it was as if it absorbed the inflamation substantially each time I used it and the pain from the acne was reduced as the inflamation reduced.

I hope it helps

Your acne is not that bad at all. Treat it before it gets worst. Try to get insurance so that you can get the proper treatment. I waited too long and my acne got worse cuasing more scars =0(,

My bacne was just like yours,red and inflammed a few blackheads. I am currently 97% clear becuase of Taz and Duac. I'm hispanic and also tanned skinned so I have a bit of marks on my back but surpirisngly it"s going away. Get that insurance,I tried over the counter body srcubs like nuetrogena body srcub with sacyilic acid,,,man i hate that crap,,it made my back worse. Get professinal help. Be bless