Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Locksmithers

WHEN YOU SEE AN UGLY PERSON IN THE STREETS, what do you think of?

No. I am not here to treat my acne. It's under control and my face is doing fine. If you're going to say everyone is here because of their physical appearance then I am sorry, you are wrong.

How vain. Must be a bitc* when you look in the mirror.

No. I am not here to treat my acne. It's under control and my face is doing fine. If you're going to say everyone is here because of their physical appearance then I am sorry, you are wrong.

Then why did you join this site in the first place? For no reason? No, you joined it to find out how to treat your acne. Maybe it's under control now, which is great, but INITIALLY, you joined this site to find out how to cure your acne. I'm not talking about why you're still sticking around, a lot of us have clear skin and read these boards, but ALL of us joined for one reason. Why did you join this board then? Was it not to clear your acne? If it was, then YOU are wrong.

Perhaps it's because there is a serious medical side to acne - i.e. it's an inflammatory response which is triggered by something not-so-good going down in the body.

For a forum intended to lend support, it sure is getting heated round these parts :surprised:

And err, I really don't quite understand why assumptions are getting thrown around.

To answer the OP, as cliched as it sounds I don't see 'ugly' people, I see people who are relatively speaking less attractive physically in my own opinion, but for all I know could be much more beautiful in personality. It's all swings n' round-abouts.

Although I'm agnostic nowadays, the following quote someone told me, I think is really relevant here:

God himself judges a man at the end of his days, why then should you or I?

:rolleyes: You did a great job of getting your point across.

You didn't just join this forum because you felt like it. You had acne in the past and it bothered you that you decided to search the web for answers to improve your physical appearance and get it under control. And the purpose that this site serves, I'm going to say everyone is here for the same reason, or was.

I can't really define "ugly".

Dictionary term: very unattractive or unpleasant to look at; offensive to the sense of beauty; displeasing in appearance.

If you didn't care about your physical appearance none of you would be here right now. Everyone one of you is a hypocrite if you think that your not judgmental about others looks. Its how self esteem works.

Of course we all care about the way we look. However, our perceptions of beauty widely vary.

Ugly is a dubious adjective. What may seem ugly to me might be regarded as the epitome of attractiveness by someone else. Therefore, it is impossible for anyone to objectively label people as ugly, because no one is an authority in beauty.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and I agree. Although, when you mentioned, "it is impossible for anyone to objectively label people as ugly, because no one is an authority in beauty" is where your argument falls apart. We give celebrities, media, fashion magazines, and etc the authority to tell us what is beautiful and what is not and a lot of people get brainwashed by it. Do you see how the media projects women? Why women try so hard?

Acne is normal. The media says otherwise and the people who don't understand just follow like sheep. They label acne as ugly and it is what we make of it.

I believe everyone is judgmental. If they are not on the conscience level, they are sure are on the sub conscience level. Have you ever seen someone on the streets that was so beautiful that you couldn't get your eyes off them? Why would you want to look at someone that is ugly and admire their features? The only time you see someone that is ugly is if they stick out like a sore thumb. That is why most of you say that you don't really scan for peoples imperfections unless your trying to find someone who have it worse to boost your self esteem. Such as looking to see if there is someone who has worse skin condition then you on the bus.

Ugly and beautiful can also be used in context of normal and abnormal.

You didn't just join this forum because you felt like it. You had acne in the past and it bothered you that you decided to search the web for answers to improve your physical appearance and get it under control. And the purpose that this site serves, I'm going to say everyone is here for the same reason, or was.

Know what? You seem to be pretty comfortable speaking for me. You come in here calling everyone a hypocrite, and you think you have us all figured out. I took a little offense to that earlier, but now I'm alright. I started a thread in the past because I had a small cyst, and I didn't know how to treat it. My acne was pretty much all gone by that time, and I had clear skin. I came to share my experiences on Mino, Doxy and Retin-A Micro. I rated all of the antibiotics, topicals and treatments I had tried. If you don't understand that I came here to support other members, then I don't know how else to tell you.

Be sure to disregard everything in my post though, because I know you have me all figured out.

Then why did you join this site in the first place? For no reason? No, you joined it to find out how to treat your acne. Maybe it's under control now, which is great, but INITIALLY, you joined this site to find out how to cure your acne. I'm not talking about why you're still sticking around, a lot of us have clear skin and read these boards, but ALL of us joined for one reason. Why did you join this board then? Was it not to clear your acne? If it was, then YOU are wrong.

Do you want me to answer the question, or are you going to assume that you know? My acne was here eight months before I even joined the site. I was hardly an active member during the worst of my breakouts, and my posts started to become more frequent when I cleared up. Read Loochi's post. I signed up to lend support, and that's why you see the majority of my posts in the emo section of the forum.

Yes I called everyone a hypocrite, even you.

(Not from this topic)

I don't get it. You're not even ugly or unattractive. I bet you only have a few pimples and they're just saying that to make you feel bad

And initially you came here to treat your cyst which bothered you because it probably lowered your self esteem having it, before you decided to stay and continue to give your support to others.

Your word don't mean shit

Edited by Heir

Definately. My heart has been softened to people who experience all of the things I have experienced and still do to some degree. I feel it has made me a more compassionate person. If I have gained anything good through suffering with acne, I think that would probably be #1 on my list.

Seriously, an ugly person with or without acne, or bad teeth or whatever, what do you think of? Do you think mean things? Or has acne changed your outlook and made you less judgmental? :think: