Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Locksmithers

WHEN YOU SEE AN UGLY PERSON IN THE STREETS, what do you think of?

If I see a physically unattractive person passing by in the street, thoughts like "I'm glad I dont look like that. I should quit complaining about my looks" or "how unfortunate" may occur in my head.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Having severe acne in the past has absolutely made me more compassionate about other people's appearances.

Especially people who can't change something by putting on concealer. Like a glass eye (you can almost always tell) or some facial deformity. I always feel extremely fortunate that I'm blessed to look "normal." I'm pretty damn happy with normal and couldn't care less about being beautiful enough to grace a magazine cover.

No. I am not here to treat my acne. It's under control and my face is doing fine. If you're going to say everyone is here because of their physical appearance then I am sorry, you are wrong.

You didn't just join this forum because you felt like it. You had acne in the past and it bothered you that you decided to search the web for answers to improve your physical appearance and get it under control. And the purpose that this site serves, I'm going to say everyone is here for the same reason, or was.

I can't really define "ugly".

Dictionary term: very unattractive or unpleasant to look at; offensive to the sense of beauty; displeasing in appearance.

If you didn't care about your physical appearance none of you would be here right now. Everyone one of you is a hypocrite if you think that your not judgmental about others looks. Its how self esteem works.

Of course we all care about the way we look. However, our perceptions of beauty widely vary.

Ugly is a dubious adjective. What may seem ugly to me might be regarded as the epitome of attractiveness by someone else. Therefore, it is impossible for anyone to objectively label people as ugly, because no one is an authority in beauty.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and I agree. Although, when you mentioned, "it is impossible for anyone to objectively label people as ugly, because no one is an authority in beauty" is where your argument falls apart. We give celebrities, media, fashion magazines, and etc the authority to tell us what is beautiful and what is not and a lot of people get brainwashed by it. Do you see how the media projects women? Why women try so hard?

Acne is normal. The media says otherwise and the people who don't understand just follow like sheep. They label acne as ugly and it is what we make of it.

I believe everyone is judgmental. If they are not on the conscience level, they are sure are on the sub conscience level. Have you ever seen someone on the streets that was so beautiful that you couldn't get your eyes off them? Why would you want to look at someone that is ugly and admire their features? The only time you see someone that is ugly is if they stick out like a sore thumb. That is why most of you say that you don't really scan for peoples imperfections unless your trying to find someone who have it worse to boost your self esteem. Such as looking to see if there is someone who has worse skin condition then you on the bus.

Ugly and beautiful can also be used in context of normal and abnormal.

Well this is a tough one, if they are walking towards me I usually say

"Get the hell out of my way n00b."

But seriously, I don't have time to pity 'ugly' people or whatever, I got better things to think/worry about.

No. I am not here to treat my acne. It's under control and my face is doing fine. If you're going to say everyone is here because of their physical appearance then I am sorry, you are wrong.

Then why did you join this site in the first place? For no reason? No, you joined it to find out how to treat your acne. Maybe it's under control now, which is great, but INITIALLY, you joined this site to find out how to cure your acne. I'm not talking about why you're still sticking around, a lot of us have clear skin and read these boards, but ALL of us joined for one reason. Why did you join this board then? Was it not to clear your acne? If it was, then YOU are wrong.

Lol Polska, I cleared up in 2006.. I joined this site in 2009 because I USED to have acne and thought I could probably help out some people in the emo section but it's harder than I thought. I jus chill in lounge now. I think The Heir is right. Not 100% of the people joined because they wanted to treat their acne because I didn't come here for that.

You didn't just join this forum because you felt like it. You had acne in the past and it bothered you that you decided to search the web for answers to improve your physical appearance and get it under control. And the purpose that this site serves, I'm going to say everyone is here for the same reason, or was.

Know what? You seem to be pretty comfortable speaking for me. You come in here calling everyone a hypocrite, and you think you have us all figured out. I took a little offense to that earlier, but now I'm alright. I started a thread in the past because I had a small cyst, and I didn't know how to treat it. My acne was pretty much all gone by that time, and I had clear skin. I came to share my experiences on Mino, Doxy and Retin-A Micro. I rated all of the antibiotics, topicals and treatments I had tried. If you don't understand that I came here to support other members, then I don't know how else to tell you.

Be sure to disregard everything in my post though, because I know you have me all figured out.

Then why did you join this site in the first place? For no reason? No, you joined it to find out how to treat your acne. Maybe it's under control now, which is great, but INITIALLY, you joined this site to find out how to cure your acne. I'm not talking about why you're still sticking around, a lot of us have clear skin and read these boards, but ALL of us joined for one reason. Why did you join this board then? Was it not to clear your acne? If it was, then YOU are wrong.

Do you want me to answer the question, or are you going to assume that you know? My acne was here eight months before I even joined the site. I was hardly an active member during the worst of my breakouts, and my posts started to become more frequent when I cleared up. Read Loochi's post. I signed up to lend support, and that's why you see the majority of my posts in the emo section of the forum.

Next time I'll use the word majority if you feel like you have to stand out from the rest of the crowd. Either way you missed my point in my argument.

honestly, when i see someone who looks weird, i indeed think about it, like every human beeing does.

but most people think ugly is another way to say "fat"or "acne"

now when i see someone who's fat or someone who has acne, i might look at them, but not in a negative way..

the only people i look strange to are people who make themselves ugly, like people in way to tight clothing, or way to less clothing :P

The Heir, I apologize for making that assumption.

Lol Polska, I cleared up in 2006.. I joined this site in 2009 because I USED to have acne and thought I could probably help out some people in the emo section but it's harder than I thought. I jus chill in lounge now. I think The Heir is right. Not 100% of the people joined because they wanted to treat their acne because I didn't come here for that.

If you didn't care about your physical appearance none of you would be here right now. Everyone one of you is a hypocrite if you think that your not judgmental about others looks. Its how self esteem works.

I'm here. I'm not judgmental about how others look. I already outlined the reasons why I registered at this site. What part of your argument am I missing? You made an assumption about everyone in this thread, and I personally decided to tell you how it is.

The bold text is you calling us out. You want to talk about somebody feeling the need to stand out from the rest of the crowd. Look at what you wrote before you come to me. Your last post said that the reason I came to this site was because I cared about my physical appearance, and because I was trying to clear my acne. You were wrong twice.

I'm not going to continue to argue with you anymore. I stated my opinion and I'll move on. I don't need to prove anything to you. Call me stubborn, but in the end I still think I was right and you're still missing my point. No point in arguing rationally to an irrational person.

I usually say to myself, "Man, I'm pretty fucking lucky I don't look like that." Then I feel bad... and sad... because if everybody thought that way about ugly people, then yeah... it's a pretty shitty predicament to be in.

The Heir, I apologize for making that assumption.

After reading The Heir and your response, my opinion has changed.

Nah mate, no need to apologise. No body was in the wrong. : D

My eyes seek out attractive people only.

LOL not sure what you mean exactly with that comment but, it reminds me of something,

I used to know a boy in school, he would only talk to "beautiful people", only had "beautiful people" as friends and "ugly" people simply didn't exist in his world, he just ignored them, he ignored me.

I saw him in a bar about 2 years ago, he was overweight,short, balding and missing a few teeth, he also had a short overweight nagging wife, the type that he didn't didn't even aknowledge the existence of about 10 years ago, how ironic.

I had just got back from holidays, and I was in great shape because I'd been really hitting the weights in preparation for my holiday and I was tanned, no acne either at that point and my (now ex) girlfriend was an absolute stunner, some might say I was "punching above my weight" in that respect.

Anyway, he came over to me and tried to make small talk and offered to buy me a drink....I pointed and laughed at his beer guy and then ignored him until he walked away, it was funny, probably the most satisfying moment of my life so far.

I seems to think that somehow they are totally okay with the way they look, but if I looked like that I dont know how I would live. Even though they might be unhappy with the way they look I think that people think it is always easier for someone else.....ahh that probably doesn't make any sense!!!

......it also makes me feel better...if I feel I look better then someone else tha I am above them and not intimidated If I feel I look worse I feel below then feel anger towards them....

idk I find myself feeling ashamed if I think somebody else is ugly i don't know why. I try to discourage from talking about other peoples looks or tell others not to call others ugly. I use to be super sensitive and have cried a couple of times because i got called ugly as a joke.

idk I find myself feeling ashamed if I think somebody else is ugly i don't know why. I try to discourage from talking about other peoples looks or tell others not to call others ugly.

That's how I feel, too and have scolded the evil spawn for talking down about the appearance of others. It stems from elementary school in my case because the school also housed a section for mentally handicapped children. Some of them had disfigurements and we were always told to not laugh or judge because they didn't ask to be that way. That lesson stuck so I don't really notice "ugly". I notice poor hygeine and neglected appearances (wrinkled clothes) - things that can be easily remedied, not the shape and size details of a person's face. It's just not important to me.

what is ugly in your opinion?

in mine it's a person who walks passed the hobo on the street.

or the guy who laughs at the old man who just fell.

when i see those people i guess i resent them.

if you mean physical appearance, i don't really notice.

Almost everyone has something about them that is unapealing to others I mean I have horrible spots all over my face so how can I judge anyone else on their looks.

I just think that noone is ugly, because noone is truly perfect. Truth is we are all beautiful in different ways, just wish the world thought that way!!