Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Locksmithers

WHEN YOU SEE AN UGLY PERSON IN THE STREETS, what do you think of?

Seriously, an ugly person with or without acne, or bad teeth or whatever, what do you think of? Do you think mean things? Or has acne changed your outlook and made you less judgmental? :think:

The only time I think about other people in general is if they stand out to much. Like a fat women wearing tight clothing that they can't fit in.

Acne has not changed me in anyway about how I see other people. I still make my first impression about the person by their looks.

I'm going to be honest, and probably end up sounding like a douche...

If I see a physically unattractive person passing by in the street, thoughts like "I'm glad I dont look like that. I should quit complaining about my looks" or "how unfortunate" may occur in my head. Though, people who see me probably have the same thoughts occur to them. :lol:

i mean..yeah everyone is judge mental..but i dont ever really think oh my god that person is ugly if i walk by them. but if someone were to stop me and talk then i start to notice and judge

and ill admit and notice for any signs of acne on people..and i have acne myself

actually i kind of take it back..since you noticed the little person, you were able to identify a disability they had, not sayin you meant it in a mean way, but its how the mind works, if you identify something off beat, you think about it

Well yeah now I realize it but I'm only using it as an example.

when i see an unattractive person in the street i just say to myself 'hey, they're living their life, why aren't i?'

haha, I have never seen anyone on the street and thought to myself, "wow, that's an ugly person." I just haven't. This is not a self-righteous thing, but I just can't imagine doing that...

anyone relate?

Using the word ugly to describe someone is rude and childish, I don't hear too many educated adults using that word to describe physical appearances. Besides, unattractiveness is very subjective.

Everyone has flaws, you might catch yourself starring but you need to remember that everyone has their very own special set of problems. Thanks universe. You paid such special attention to me.

UGLY???? I guess many people are referring to physical aspects. To me, as an acne sufferer myself, I do not think that people who has flaws in their physical appearance are ugly.

Actually it's not the illness or medical condition a person were to have that makes him/her scary, it's the person who makes hurting and childish comments that is scary. Instead, it's those that who are constantly rubbing salt into others' wound that i considered ugly. For what would you want to do that? Too free? Get a hobby instead!

Yea, many will hate me for what i have written. Ya, maybe i am just too ignorant. But the fact is, I am NOT. If i could be so ignorant as what other perceived me as, I will be living my life happily everyday.

I am still learning, seriously, every single day.

Regards

I'm very envious of anybody that looks unattractive yet lives their life to the fullest because it is something i have yet to do even though i try my best to.

I don't think the OP was trying to be mean.. let's face it there are people whom we think are unattractive or ugly, that doesn't mean we think lowly of them. I don't see why we have to reject the concept of "ugly" or think of it as a filthy word, it depends on how you use it. It's alright to think someone is ugly it's just an opinion, but it's not right to be mean to that person because of that. There are people I think are unattractive, but I don't say it and it doesn't change my attitude towards them.

Well, when i go to the dermatologist i saw people in really depressing conditions and i dont think in "he/she is ugly" but i just feel ashame of what people have to suffer and make me feel with more will to keep going with this.

I can't really define "ugly".

Dictionary term: very unattractive or unpleasant to look at; offensive to the sense of beauty; displeasing in appearance.

If you didn't care about your physical appearance none of you would be here right now. Everyone one of you is a hypocrite if you think that your not judgmental about others looks. Its how self esteem works.

I can't really define "ugly".

Dictionary term: very unattractive or unpleasant to look at; offensive to the sense of beauty; displeasing in appearance.

If you didn't care about your physical appearance none of you would be here right now. Everyone one of you is a hypocrite if you think that your not judgmental about others looks. Its how self esteem works.

Of course we all care about the way we look. However, our perceptions of beauty widely vary.

Ugly is a dubious adjective. What may seem ugly to me might be regarded as the epitome of attractiveness by someone else. Therefore, it is impossible for anyone to objectively label people as ugly, because no one is an authority in beauty.

"Beautiful" people can have the ugliest personalities. You can't really tell if somebody is ugly until you learn more about them, and what kind of a person they are.

I never see ugly people, who am I to judge if they're ugly, they could be the most wonderful person in the word and plain looking. Everyone has the potential to be a beautiful person IMO.

"Beautiful" people can have the ugliest personalities. You can't really tell if somebody is ugly until you learn more about them, and what kind of a person they are.

I never see ugly people, who am I to judge if they're ugly, they could be the most wonderful person in the word and plain looking. Everyone has the potential to be a beautiful person IMO.

Long live Poland :ninja:

If you didn't care about your physical appearance none of you would be here right now.

Wrong.

You're here to try and control or treat your acne are you not? Your face is IMO one the most important aspects of your physical appearance. If your acne didn't bother you then you wouldn't be here. Narcissus09, you are correct.