Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok so I've been applying the Stievamycin gel at night for a week already and things were pretty good. It seems to be drying up everything and revealing new fresh skin, but its red and scabby. So I was upset today after I got outta the shower. I don't know I just got this feeling of sadness that consumed me and I just burst into tears.

Its so unbelievable how much acne affects ones life. I am so grateful Iam on my summer break (Iam a teacher) because I wouldn't be able to show up to work like this, I'd be to self-conscious. I think one makes it seem worse than it is but I think it can really get to you even though it might not be that bad. :( So my husband happened to walk into the room and saw me just broken down into tears. He hugged me and said it would all soon get much better and that he loved me (cuz i mentioned I was emabarrassed). I feel much better now and Iam hoping for a soon recovery. I feel like Iam missing out on so much, like going out, family, friends, my regular activities, but I really want to stay away from the sun. Iam hoping for the best, being optimistic knowing that it will soon be all better.

You guys have no idea how happy Iam to have found this site. I feel like if I ever feel down, people on here will help and will be there:) It's amazing!!! Thanks you guys, even though I might not know you individually but just knowing you are there and understand helps me feel a lot better about myself:) All of you are in my prayers, whatever your need might be:) THANKS!!!!!!!!

hey look on the bright side, at least you got a husband who loves you for you, that's all that counts really, people long for someone that will look past their acne. Btw i found in my case, time heals, a few years ago, i know this is stupid but i was going to kill myself because of acne but now the acne is more or less gone and now its just one or two small spots a month now. So yeah, give it time, and don't give up on finding a regimen that suits you, whether it be dietary, lotions, cleansers, stress levels and so on :)

I am glad you are on a regimen! things will get better and acne doesnt stay with you forever, its a long frusturating road tho. I have been there where I have broken down when my face was at its worst. You have gotta live life tho! You have a darling husband to love and support you like that. He seems like the person (besides us acne. org peeps! :) ) that you are going to want to lean on when you are down. Feel better and remember you are beautiful!!

Those lucky enough not to be affected by acne often have trouble seeing past the superficial, and recognising the true emotional impact it has on people. That's why a place like this where we can vent, amongst others that can truely emphasize with the condition is such a great thing. So by all means vent ;) we'll be here to help each other out, and hopefully see each other through this.