Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cupcake_lacayo5204

Organic cosmetics brand

Anyone have used organic or all natural cosmetics, i looked into organic wear from physicians formula, but theres also miessence, dr. haushka and others anyone have had good experiences?

I've been using Physician's formula organic wear loose powder & tinted moisturizer for over a year and I love both. I've also bought their bronzer, blush, and I got a free mascara with the blush. these all work good too. the mascara works awesome but its in a goofy looking tube. Just a heads up: everything smells kinda weird at first but after a while you get used to it. The tinted moisturizer also has a natural SPF 15 in it, from titanium dioxide. I get my stuff from walgreens, it goes on sale 40 % off every few weeks. so look on their website every week to see if its on sale, and then you can either buy it online or at your local store (if there is one near you). You save a ton of money this way because it can be kind of expensive.

Hope this helps!

steph

I love EDM (www.everydayminerals.com) and Meow (www.meowcosmetics.com). Everything's all natural and organic.

I've also been eying Fyrinnae (www.fyrinnae.com), but everything's a bit bright and daring for me ><

i had a pressed powder from whole foods market(which is a grocerie store known for only organic, whole,and/but EXPENSIVE foods) it was called LUXE?? and was great coverage, perfect color. no complaints other than it was just as expensive as MAC being 28$ for the pressed powder. but it really was great, no real complaints, and i didnt have to wait unlike my EDM. just a thought...

I have been using a organic mineral pressed powder that covers well from www.gabrielcosmetics.com their ZuZu Luxe line. I got mine from a organic food store but you can order online. I have used Bare Minerals and liked it for awhile although it is no organic but then towards the end I thought it made my pores look huge and my skin kinda shiny so not sure if I would go back. I prefer a line that I can try and get at a store.

Jennifer

*sigh*

I tried to hold myself back from defining the correct use and misuse of the term 'organic' - but I can't. SO:

The term organic can only be applied for food and drug (cosmetic) use when it is grown - i.e. oils, plant extracts, colorants from plants, animal products, etc.

Things that are inherently inorganic include minerals, you therefore cannot have an organic mineral makeup - the minerals are either mined from natural sources (rock quarries, mountains, clay, etc.) or produced chemically identically in a lab. Iron oxides are required to be produced in a lab per the FDA as mined oxides have to high a risk of cross contamination by way of heavy metals and other pollutants.

The term 'organic' as defined by USDA and QAI is a product consisting of not less than 95% organic ingredients. If you have a product that is 80% minerals, 15% oil, and 5% inorganic colorants - you do not have an organic product, you do however have a 'natural' product.

When you see labels like Avalon Organics, Faerie Organics or Desert Essence Organics - you are simply reading their name brand, not a condition of the product.

HTH