Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I need a new flat top brush and was going to order one from EM but I saw a few posts here complaining about the quality of what they were currently selling not being what it used to be. Does anyone know if that's still the case?

Or have other recommendations at comparable price?

BTW, I bought my current one from coastal scents. It was dirt cheap and a very good brush, but after about a year it started losing some hairs. And now, another 6 months later, it looses them pretty fast.

Sonia Kashuk flat top blush brush from Target - $14.99. I frkn LOVE it - I use it for foundation and blush.

I need a new flat top brush and was going to order one from EM but I saw a few posts here complaining about the quality of what they were currently selling not being what it used to be. Does anyone know if that's still the case?

Or have other recommendations at comparable price?

BTW, I bought my current one from coastal scents. It was dirt cheap and a very good brush, but after about a year it started losing some hairs. And now, another 6 months later, it looses them pretty fast.

I have the flat top brush from EDM and think the quality is really good actually for the price however the application goes on for me personally much better with the EDM baby kabuki, especially the concealer. I actually bought a 2nd one so when I wash the other and it's drying I am never without one! It is only like $4.00 too and the best mineral brush I have used.

I bought a cheapie one from a drugstore...two years ago. It's still going strong. It does lose bristles obviously but nonetheless for less than $5, I am not upset.

I have the flat top brush from EDM and think the quality is really good actually for the price however the application goes on for me personally much better with the EDM baby kabuki, especially the concealer. I actually bought a 2nd one so when I wash the other and it's drying I am never without one! It is only like $4.00 too and the best mineral brush I have used.

But did you get it recently? I know lots of people raved about EDM brushes and I was just thinking of ordering one when I read some complaints here about it not being the same.

But did you get it recently? I know lots of people raved about EDM brushes and I was just thinking of ordering one when I read some complaints here about it not being the same.

Yes I got the first one in April and just ordered my second one last week. Both are exactly the same. Mini Kabuki, best mineral brush for me!

I'm still using the flat top EDM but its the old one so far I have had it for about a year and its still in good shape. What happened to yours?

Anyway I purchased another flat top brush(or powder brush as they call it) and its from the ELF studio line: http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio_brushes/powder_brush

Am loving it so far but I use it mainly for blushes but I have heard that its works really well for mineral makeup as well and its only $3. It is highly raved on the website and on makeupalley as well.

Elf currently having a $5 off shipping when you buy 5 products. And most of the small brushes like for eyes and concealer are only $1.

So for 8.95 including only $1.95 shipping, I'm getting the flat top powder brush and 4 other brushes. Definately worth a try for that price.

^ I got the ELF brush and tried it. It is way too soft for good mineral makeup application. It is no where near as dense as my kabuki and flat top.

I have the baby flat top, and it is TINY! It's incredibly cute, great for travel. It may be too tiny to use for everyday though, unless you have the patience of working with a small brush. It's super soft, and the coverage is great. The base of the brush is a little smaller than a quarter.

Guest missyjean130

Walgreens gots a cheap flat top i use for my mineral makeup

So I thought the ELF brush was too soft and fluffy for good coverage, but tried using it again and decided it's ok even though it is no where near as dense with the bristles as my older flat top which is no where near as dense as my kabuki.

I can't apply around the eye area without pulling on the skin too much with the kabuki, but the elf brush can just glide over the area without hardly moving the skin at all.

I looked at the brushes in Walgreens again and thought they were too soft as well, but maybe that's not a bad thing. And the good thing is that you can return the brushes if you don't like them.

Guest missyjean130
So I thought the ELF brush was too soft and fluffy for good coverage, but tried using it again and decided it's ok even though it is no where near as dense with the bristles as my older flat top which is no where near as dense as my kabuki.

I can't apply around the eye area without pulling on the skin too much with the kabuki, but the elf brush can just glide over the area without hardly moving the skin at all.

I looked at the brushes in Walgreens again and thought they were too soft as well, but maybe that's not a bad thing. And the good thing is that you can return the brushes if you don't like them.

The flat top at walgreens is soft,but that means you just have to build-up more. I find that the really dense ones are almost scratchy,not pleasant to use.