Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is gona go through having no spots but still being in last stages of the tane, then being tane free but still having the tane in the system for the month after I stop, and then I'll keep it up for the tane free year.

I'll be amused reading this 12 months from now thinking yes you got spots again no doubt, but fatalistic tendencies aside, it should be a good read (hardly Virginia Woolf but hey) and its rarer than an accutane log (although that doesn't really matter does it). Most importantly it will be informative :clap:

Post-Accutane Regimen:

Morning

Tea Tree Oil Facial Wash

Tea Tree Oil (as a spot treatment)

Olay Complete SPF15 Moisturiser

Evening

Tea Tree Oil Facial Wash

Tea Tree Oil (as a spot treatment)

Olay Complete SPF15 Moisturiser

Jojoba Oil (2drops with moisturiser)

Twice a week

Clinique Exfoliator

Tea Tree Oil Facial Mask

Course:

Started on the 11th January 2009

Ended on the 19th June 2009

Therefore a 6 month course (1 month = 28 days)

Dosage:

10mg 1 week

40 mg 1 month

50 mg 4 months 3 weeks

Cumalitive Dosage:

I weigh 55kg.

10*7 = 70

40*28 = 1120

50*133 = 6650

70+1120+6650= 7840

7840/55 = 142

NB: This was worked out assuming I ended it on June 30th. I ended on the 19th. Therefore its not accurate.

Symptoms I'll cover in each week to see if they improve:

Physical Symptoms

i) skin dryness

ii) lines / wrinkles

iii) dark lines by eyes where skin has thinned

iv) hair (dryness; sorry all you hair faller outers but I can't speak for you)

v) sensitivity (I have sensitive skin so red marks ahoy atm even if no spots for a while)

vi) spots(actually almost forgot this point)

vii) lip dryness

Mental Symptoms

viii) Attention Span

ix) Mood swings

Latecomers

x) Lower Back pain

When the above symptoms went away:

i)

ii)

iii)

iv)

v)

vi)

vii)

viii)

ix)

x)

[obviously atm none of them have]

Week 22 Accutane

i) Well my skins dry and dead looking I'm frankly surprised I still can't get served alcohol because I look about 77 as opposed to 17 so thats a catch 22.

ii) yes lines really more than wrinkles as my skin has thinned. Not to bad

iii) What IS bad are these small dark lines under my eyes. Told these will go away again when skin plumps out post-tane.

iv) My hair is dry and yucky. I wash my hair about hmm every 6 days and I really could do it less. And no I'm not rank thats how it is. However this is also a good thing as I can then also listen to music / read in the bath

v) Yes I get these little red sort marks on my face. Not many anymore and I don't really no why apart from the fact my skin is sensitive even before accutane. It is as if somebody takes a scalpel to my face every evening then leaves without a trace. That analogy was not my best as its fairly improbable but hey.

vi) My spots are pretty much all gone I have 2 still v v slightly noticeable both of which I've had for ages.

vii) Lips are yugh. I try not to smile.

viii) Really its quite bad. I'll post my exam results when I get them hopefully they'll be ok but if not really its the tane and not my brain. Be interesting to see whether this goes away or not.

ix) Mood swings...I do swing a lot. :boohoo: Not depressed but sometimes very conscious of myself i.e. thinking a lot. Also when angry a little pissed off. But then again I'm 17!

I'll be following your log closely cpteazy... It'll be interesting to see how quickly the side-effects slip away for you.

Sorry if you've put this info elsewhere but how long/what dosage you been on? Must be so exciting only three weeks to go! Are you pleased with the results?

All the best,

**cindy**

I will watch this thread with interest - especially the lines/wrinkles report!

I'm 32 and lucky for me I don't have bad wrinkles (that's the positive side of having oily skin!) but I do have a few wrinkles on my forehead and "A" lines between my eyebrows that are beginning to bother me. The lines around my eyes are good for my age and my nose to mouth lines are in good order - I hope that will still be the case without acne when the roaccutane has done it's job.

I'll be following your log closely cpteazy... It'll be interesting to see how quickly the side-effects slip away for you.

Sorry if you've put this info elsewhere but how long/what dosage you been on? Must be so exciting only three weeks to go! Are you pleased with the results?

All the best,

**cindy**

Ah yes sorry I went 10mg first week, 40 mg first month and now on 50mg for the last 4 months 3 weeks. I weigh 54 -55kg.

In terms of results got breakouts until about 2 weeks ago so give it another 3 and I'll have been 5 weeks from end without any. Some like me get breakouts until quite late.

Also I read that the skin thins therefore lines appear and dark lines but they dissapear when the skin plumps out again after a certain time. Some articles flying around the internet claiming it actually makes skin look younger when this happens.

And yeah its quite exciting can't stop thinking about it : )

Hi cpteazy,

This week i have been spot free 'again'.Lets hope it lasts this time.

Few scars but no make up today and feeling ok.

Have dermo in 2 weeks time so would have been on tane for 4 months in total.

Didnt know whether i should get another month from him to make sure its gone for good?What you reckon?

Mood swings - - - - - oh yes, everything seems much worse then it really is.

My poor boyfriend thinks im nuts, lets hope things go back to usual once i am off.Soooo need a holiday.

How you doing? Skin still doing good?

xx

RIGHT I'm in a lazy pissed off mood atm so I can't be bothered to put anything amusing in the title or the intro so there.

But I'm no grump! I'm just in my last 3 weeks of the tane. Therefore this is gona go through having no spots but still being in last stages of the tane, then being tane free but still having the tane in the system for the month after I stop, and then I'll keep it up for the tane free year. Aren't I generous?

I'll be amused reading this 12 months from now thinking yes you got spots again no doubt, but fatalistic tendencies aside, it should be a good read (hardly Virginia Woolf but hey) and its rarer than an accutane log (although that doesn't really matter does it). Most importantly it will be informative :clap:

Symptoms I'll cover in each week to see if they improve:

Physical Symptoms

i) skin dryness

ii) lines / wrinkles

iii) dark lines by eyes where skin has thinned

iv) hair (dryness; sorry all you hair faller outers but I can't speak for you)

v) sensitivity (I have sensitive skin so red marks ahoy atm even if no spots for a while)

vi) spots(actually almost forgot this point)

vii) lip dryness

Mental Symptoms

viii) Attention Span

ix) Mood swings

When the above symptoms went away:

i)

ii)

iii)

iv)

v)

vi)

vii)

viii)

ix)

[obviously atm none of them have]

Week 21 Accutane

i) Well my skins dry and dead looking I'm frankly surprised I still can't get served alcohol because I look about 77 as opposed to 17 so thats a catch 22.

ii) yes lines really more than wrinkles as my skin has thinned. Not to bad

iii) What IS bad are these small dark lines under my eyes. Told these will go away again when skin plumps out post-tane.

iv) My hair is dry and yucky. I wash my hair about hmm every 6 days and I really could do it less. And no I'm not rank thats how it is. However this is also a good thing as I can then also listen to music / read in the bath

v) Yes I get these little red sort marks on my face. Not many anymore and I don't really no why apart from the fact my skin is sensitive even before accutane. It is as if somebody takes a scalpel to my face every evening then leaves without a trace. That analogy was not my best as its fairly improbable but hey.

vi) My spots are pretty much all gone I have 2 still v v slightly noticeable both of which I've had for ages.

vii) Lips are yugh. I try not to smile.

viii) Really its quite bad. I'll post my exam results when I get them hopefully they'll be ok but if not really its the tane and not my brain. Be interesting to see whether this goes away or not.

ix) Mood swings...I do swing a lot. :boohoo: Not depressed but sometimes very conscious of myself i.e. thinking a lot. Also when angry a little pissed off. But then again I'm 17!

Week 23 Accutane

i) Dryness: no real change to be fair. Just looking pasty still. eugh

ii) Lines: again similar

iii) Dark eye lines: damn I really hate these dark lines they're quite unattractive but I'm a man so I'll cope :P they're pretty much the same

iv) Hair: Yeah same still washing my hair infrequently but it never smells / dandruff so its a good call

v) Sensitivity: is the same

vi) Spots: good got like 2 bumps yesterday but they went away by this morning so thats cool

vii) Lips: are actually worse. Only CHANGE to be honest

viii) Concentration: hard to judge. Actually been pretty good so I wonder whether its me or accutane or maybe I am too self-consious when I have spots therefore don't learn as well.

ix) Mood swings: yeah I've been very tired this week so that's aggravated it but I just keep my mouth shut so its all good

NEW THINGY!!!

x) Back pains: hmm started to get some pain in my lower back when I slouch. I consider this a good thing as it will improve my posture. Cheers then Roche! Anway I almost mentioned it last week but decided not too as I reckoned due to fatigue but its persistent. Not really fussed as I only have 2.5 weeks left.

Hey Dutchess,

Yeah check out the above its still fine but by fine yknow its accutane fine not normal healthy skin fine. Little sick of the dryness and its worse on my lips and thin skin round my eyes so I'm looking forward to getting off it.

I'm seeing the derm this time next week i.e. Friday 19th June and I'm gona ask to continue till the 30th. The 6 month mark was the 26th but I hit the top end of the cumulative dosage of 150mg/kg on the 30th. Above that apparently it doesn't really work anymore although you can go on for like 7-9 months.

I'm in the same boat as you but 1 month ahead: I want to come off as I'm spot free.

BUT the 'spot free' you aptly put in quotation marks could change over the next 2 - 3 weeks therefore I'm gona hit 6 months and I reckon you should hit 5. I know 28 days more seems like a lot but its nothing compared to acne coming back.

Personally I'm sticking it out; get back to me.

Regards,

Cpt.

Week 24 FINAL WEEK

So today is my final day. I was planning to go to the 30th but the derm said no real point especially as my back is aching and my skins thin.

So what did I do to celebrate? I found some petrol near the family mower when they were all out today and doused the remaining pills and box in petrol on our gravel drive, made a line like with TNT in the movies, and BANG did it set fire quickly. I was pretty shocked actually. Anyway even the metal burnt and I had some water nearby so it was all good.

I wonder if I have a melodrama complex or something. Besides it was fun.

Physical Symptoms

i) skin dryness: same

ii) lines / wrinkles: same

iii) dark lines: same

iv) hair: same

v) sensitivity: same

vi) spots: none this week. One small blackhead early on.

vii) lip dryness: worse its ever been :(

Generally my skin looks quite dead by now. Its good I took my last pills 2 hours ago.

Mental Symptoms

viii) Attention Span: actually been really good. Can't say for sure whether this has been affected at all. Maybe I just got bored revising / doing h/w lol.

ix) Mood swings: been really tired this week. They're present but as its my last week I kept under control. I think fatigue is the real symptom here.

Latecomers

x) Lower Back pain: still a little worse. Hope to see it go.

Hi cpteazy,

Just read your log.

So cool,crazy girl.

My lips arent to bad, hair like yours,dont wash often and lips a bit mank.

My skin is thin and i have the bags to so hopefully these will go once off.

Seeing dermo today and will ask for another month.I really hope he will,clear apart from two but its so up and down, think 1 more month will do me good and like you said another 28 days is nothing for acne free skin.

Have two lumps under the skin, a few small blemishes but overall looking good.

The sides of my face fall off.Sounds grose i know by the skin is really thin like yours and it falls off and leaves these red marks.I just put on sudo cream which helps a little.

Well well done and congratulations.Enjoy your holiday cpteazy

I will keep you posted after seeing the dermo today xxx

Check out the top too I've edited my regimen for post-accutane.

Week 1 Post-Accutane

i) Dryness: good! best improvement. I still look a bit rough in the mornings when my face hasn't got much moisture but otherwise my skin is much more 'healthy' looking than last week.

ii) Skins thickened out a little. Part of my skin looking better really. Still noticeable but pinching my cheeks they're a little. fuller

iii) Dark Lines: Still have these but again less noticeable. Presumeably if my skins thickening out slowly, the veins underneath therefore darkness is less noticeable.

iv) Hair: Got it all buzzed off. Looks much better this way for me so can't say lol.

v) Sensitivity: still red after 2 really small spots but redness went away in 1 week not 1.5 so hey.

vi) Spots: Got 2 REALLY small spots on Monday but the derm said this could happen as my body readjusts to being on tane to not being on tane. They were red however afterwards but gone today.

vii) Lips: not much change. This shows accutane definitely still in my system (apparently for 28 days after) as yesterday I forgot my chapstick and actually had to go by some more within like 1.5 hours. I guess I used to apply it every 30 mins so 3x improvement but lips still really dry.

viii) Concentration: goood.

ix) Mood swings: Much less tired now :) so good

x) Back pains: Still present but only noticed today sitting down for like 3 hours at an event. Fading.