Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Curko

Scarring and Treatment

Hey guys/girls

Long time since I've posted i never ended up going on any further antibiotics because my parents were worried that i was going to be perscribed with roaccutane and that i would become sterile and such... Anywho I think i've had enough of all natural stuff doing nothing for my skin and i have my derm referral so i should be getting some treatment soon. How bad do you think my skin looks? It's annoying me because i can't get a decent hair cut without red inflamed pinheads being shown...

Cheers Brenton

Last time i went on Doxy for about 2-3 months at i think 50mg once a day? It didn't do anything and Eryacne is the worst cream didn't do nothing.

http://yfrog.com/0u06062009346j

http://yfrog.com/0u06062009347j

I tried a few prescribed creams and they didn't do ANYTHING for my skin :(. Then I went nuts about my red marks and started using AHA products (even though my skin didn't like glycolic acid, i just kept using it and ended up paying for the consenquences). Then I did tons of TCA Peels and it worsened my hyperpigmentation (dark marks) even more... As for acne, it's going away by itself now. I mean I do get active pimples here and there but its usually 1 or 2 small ones. The marks on my face just make it look like I have a severe acne, not to mention patches of dark marks from bad TCA Peels. Anyways, I really don't think your acne is that bad at all... I would love to even have acne like yours. ALso, It doesnt look like you have active pimples at all, just red marks making it look like you do (like me).

hm. you have a lot of active acne, and a lot of red spots. GREAT news is that i dont see much scarring if any. that is awesome news because it means if you get it treated then your skin could look normal. if the regular antibiotics havent worked for you then id say your are a candidate for accutane. i am by no means a dr or anything, but i do know that accutane is an acne killer. good luck, and keep your head up. it looks as if your face cleared up it would be pretty smooth

Damn, my definition of active pimples must differ from some of you guys lol. I had lots of cysts and nodules when my acne was at worst so I don't even consider a little pimple or a whitehead as active :P.

Going to book my dermatologist appointment this week. What do you think they will perscribe me ? A cream and a antibiotic?