Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
calendergirl

generic tretinoin .025% question - help!

I've been on Retin-a Micro .1% for the last 10 weeks - my doctor gave me enough free samples of it that I just now had to get my prescription filled. I remember him mentioning something about it being really expensive (I don't have insurance) so he was going to give me the generic version. Well I pick up my prescription and get home and notice that it's Tretinoin Cream .025%...

so my questions are:

1. Why did he give me the cream now when I've been using the gel?

2. Why did he now give me .025% when I've been using .1% (is it because the cream is more harsh? will .025% not be strong enough?) My skin is notsensitive btw.

3. Is this going to throw my progress off because I'm using a different version now?

I'll be so pissed if this sets me back, considering I just over the last week can tell it's starting to work for me. HELP!

This is a great question that I would like to know the answer to. Maybe you should call the derm and ask? Usually they are very helpful with any questions patients might have.

This is a great question that I would like to know the answer to. Maybe you should call the derm and ask? Usually they are very helpful with any questions patients might have.

Yeah, I probably should just call him. I'll ask him tomorrow about it and reply back with his explanation.