Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just purchased Dan's AHA because ive been on the regimen and it seems to be working quite well. I was just wondering when do i use the AHA during the regimen. After the BP or before? Please some help. And is it more effective the more i put on?

If you've been on The Regimen for more than a month, and you want to use the AHA as a moisturizer, you can use it in place of your regular moisturizer two or three times a week, either in the morning or at night. Or, if you want to use it as a spot treatment, you'll just dab a little on after you finish The Regimen.

Yep, I've been using the AHA since January as both an exfoliating moisturizer a few times a week and as a spot treatment when I need one. It works great for both.

do you reccomend using it at night or in the morning? i thought I read using it in the morning is bad because the sun will burn you bad.

I generally use it at night, but some people prefer to use it in the morning.

AHA does increase your skin's sensitivity to sun, but that sensitivity continues for a while even after you wash your face. It's not only when the AHA is on your skin. That's why Dan's AHA says, "AHA may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen and limit sun exposure while using AHA and for a week after discontinuing its use." on the label.

AHA does increase your skin's sensitivity to sun, but that sensitivity continues for a while even after you wash your face. It's not only when the AHA is on your skin. That's why Dan's AHA says, "AHA may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen and limit sun exposure while using AHA and for a week after discontinuing its use." on the label.

Some people say use it a few nights a week, but some use it every night. do you see the same results using it some nights as people who use it every night? This just seems only using it every couple nights isnt really helping.

does it matter which AHA I use? on drugstore.com i found this http://www.drugstore.com:80/products/prod....amp;catid=21503

Hi there!! I've been using Dan's AHA in place of my regular moisturiser after the BP at night, everyday, for over 2 weeks. (Been on the Regimen since January). Definitely seeing great results and irritation was minimum even at the beginning. Acne marks are fading quicker and overall skin texture and complexion is just more even and smoother!

Maybe start out with 3 times a week and see if it works for you before upping the dose? Hope it helps and good luck!

Thanks for all the help. The AHA actually doesn't irritate my skin at all nor does it burn. So I plan on using it daily in place of my moisturizer at night. It didnt do much to an active pimple but my skin is definitely more moisturized in the morning and some dark spots are beginning to fade after only a few applications.

Some people say use it a few nights a week, but some use it every night. do you see the same results using it some nights as people who use it every night? This just seems only using it every couple nights isnt really helping.

does it matter which AHA I use? on drugstore.com i found this http://www.drugstore.com:80/products/prod....amp;catid=21503

I actually started out using it every night, and then switched to only using it every other day, and I've had a better experience since spacing it out a little.

And I suppose that the AHA you linked to would be fine. I've only ever used Dan's, though, so I can't vouch for anything else.