Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gowithflow

The most sad and awful thing happened!

This story is not about me...

Ok so about a month ago I was at a state competition for this business club I belong to called DECA. There is this state officer team that has to make speeches etc. Anyway it was the first night and there was this big opening meeting with about 1,000 students. They try to pump us up for the upcoming competition so they show all of the speeches from the state officers on a big jumbo screen that everyone can see. One of the state officers happened to be a girl with very severe acne... When she went up on stage to make her speech the big screen cut to a shot of her face and at that instant there was a hugegasp from the audience at the severity of her acne(she was wearing no make-up) She definitely heard it, because as her speech progressed you could see tears well up in her eyes and when she was finally done speaking she practically ran off of the stage. The entire incident really pissed me off and I feel really bad for the girl. Obviously it isn't her fault that she has bad acne and I just want to punch anyone that gasped.

This was really bothering me so I felt like posting it.

It's heart breaking what we who have acne have to go through each and every day, it takes an enormous amount of courage and faith in ourselves to go out of our homes every morning,go to school or work let alone giving a speech in front of 1,000 people without make up,I deeply respect the girl for carrying out that speech despite the fact that she was ridiculed in public,in fact I have respect for each and everyone of us who experience this on a daily basis....

Fucking hell poor girl, I cant believe that happened that is so fucked up. That is going to haunt her for the rest of her life.

As the guy (or girl?) above me said though respect to her for finishing her speech.

Not much to add here, and I agree with the posts above me. Much respect to her for finishing the speech.

That is truly awful and undoubtly wll be a defining moment for her. I hope she is not permanantly scarred emotionally, but how could you not be?

People can be real morons. I have no doubt Karma will come around and kick their ass at somepoint.

Bravo to her for being self assured enough to go bare faced in the first place. the poor dear.

poor girl..didn't the audience's parents teach them any manners! How rude! What bad upbringing or character.