Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i started these yesterday... who takes these?? I tried anti biotics and they worked but I have been told by doctor to take these because of monthly cycle acne. i woke up this morning with a feeling to cut my wrists and now im severely depressed..... it must be the tablets as i was fine before this.

also i heard that it stops androgens and androgens help wit groth of skin..... so that means it'll thin the skin??

Are you also on Accutane? If not, you may be able to get more help in the Hormonal Acne Treatments area of the boards.

If you ARE on accutane, that might be the cause of your depression.

I don't know about androgens thinning the skin. I'm taking Yaz which also contains an androgen blocker, but thinning skin isn't listed in the side effects. Androgen blockers may help moderate acne, which may be why your dr. prescribed these for you.

Anyway, if you're seriously depressed make an appt. w/ your dr. ASAP so you both can try to pinpoint the cause of your depression and hopefully alleviate it.