Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys

3 weeks ago I went to the derm, got the yellow booklet with the freaky illustration of the alien shaped baby head, and thought I was good to go. Nearing my next appointment, I realized I didn't have a password yet, so I called the derm and they never called me back. I called iPledge, and they said I wasn't registered, and that most likely the 30 day waiting period will have to restart once my derm registers me. Is there any way the derm can rectify this? I mean its their mistake-- I've already gotten my first bloodtest, set to get my script in a week, so does this mess up mean I'd have to take another bloodtest and wait another 30 days? this is iCrap :wall:

Ugh. I don't think there's a way for the derm to rectify this. Everybody has to be on the same page (derm, you, pharmacy, and ipledge) for the prescriptions to get filled without a hitch every month. If you haven't yet, raise some hell! See if they'll cover the cost of your next blood test and/or derm visit because this is a huge disappointment and you weren't the one to drop the ball.

Ha, iCRAP, I love it!

Yeah, your derm effed up. This time, if you don't get a letter in the mail with your id#/password within a week, CALL YOUR DERM to follow up. My derm's office is used to hearing from me on a regular basis, because they know I don't trust them to do anything on their own.

But I think they appreciate it really. Or at least they don't mind my persistence! :)

Yeah, welcome to the next 6 months of hating ipledge.

Word of advice on ipledge- your blood tests "expire" after 7 days and become invalid for ipledge (followed by 7 days for pick up when your derm gives you the prescription). Your crappy student health office could have messed up faxing your blood work for 7 days straight (which was by far my worst accutane experience), ipledge has no mercy, and you'll need to retake the test. Follow through with the blood tests, make sure you bug the crap out of both your dermatologist's office and the blood center to make sure it goes through so you don't end up taking more blood tests that neccesary.

haha nice thread title

yeah i have problems with ipledge all the time.. something seems to go wrong every month. not to mention their customer service line SUCKS and usually the person they connect you to can't speak a word of english. i had to have my accutane prescription delayed for like 2 months because i couldn't figure out how to jump through all the hoops.. ugh sometimes i wish i didn't have a vagina

yeah. i totaly get it. was on accutane for a month, than my derm went on vacation and then I went on vacaction. and then some crappy 3 day holiday, and i was screwed out of a refill for a month. tho, i was initialy freaked out of needles but i have taken SOOOOO many unnecessary(like other posters stated in a post or two above) blood and pee tests.... hahahha. nothing can scare me now, and its only been a month. i forgot to lock the bathroom door last preg. test, and someone walked in on me, i actualy wasnt embarressed as much as she was.. and the lady who did my blood draw was in a BAD mood, and it felt all day like she broke the tip of the needle off in my arm.. ouch! im serious it hurt. but either way. you will get through it, even if it means calling or checking in with your derm. everyday or everyother day to know whats going on.

good luck! im gonna need it too with my luck aswell :)

Hahaha phenomenal, nothing like a good iPledge bashing to lighten your spirits. These comments kick ass especially the one about sometimes wishing you didn't have a vagina. I'm there.

I've basically become the overseer of the whole process; if I don't watch everybody like a hawk, there's always someone that doesn't come through on their end. This system is flawed in my opinion in the sense that there is too much coordination required from too many parties.

I appreciate all the words of wisdom (and of course the words of vexation) and wish everyone smoother sailing from here on out.

I just started, so haven't had to deal with iPledge long. This sounds like an annoying situation, but I think that I have a pretty convenient set-up. My dermatology clinic has it own pharmacy and a computer for patients to use for iPledge.