Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
caliguy

Accutane for acne on back

Hello everyone--

I am a 21 yo male who has very mild acne on my face, but has moderate acne that scars on my back. It's really embarrassing. My doctor prescribed accutane 40mg once a day. Has anyone been on accutane for this? I am a little worried about the initial breakout, especially because the acne on my face isn't that bad. I also work out a couple times a week and am worried that may interfere.

Thanks

I am going to move this thread to the accutane sub-forum. You'll recieve more responses that way. =)

yes i was on accutane for the exact same thing, quite bad acne and cysts on my back. I did about 9 months at between 10mg and 20mg a day and now my back is prettymuch clear, actually I havent seen anything new pop up on there since maybe 3 months into treatment.

I didnt experience any initial breakout, I believe that the initial breakout all depends on the type of acne you have.

:ninja:

The answer is yes. My face was a mess, but my shoulders were what really put me over the edge as far as going on accutane. I did 40mg the first 3 months, and im doing 60 the last two. My face cleared up almost completely within a month. The back was slightly more stubborn, but it is just redmarks now, and even those are fading. Hopefully you have similar results!