Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
firefly_gal

post-accutane treatment

so after months taking accutane and when your skin is considered clear now and it's time to stop the accutane, what treatment do you use to maintain so that the acne will not return?

i think .. that if accutane did its job, then the acne won't come back and you won't necessarily need maintainence.

my derma told me that the less i use on my skin, the better. i just use mouisterizer when needed.

Use a topical retinoid to maintain your clear pores. Retinoids are anti-aging, so they're good for your skin anyway ...... and they can save you from having to take another round of Accutane.

If prescription products are too irritating for your skin, look into the OTC products available. I have a pinned post on this topic in the OTC forum.

Retinoids like Retin-A or differin are good. You can also ask your derms for some antibiotic topicals for spot-treating. I was given Retin-A 0.025% and Dalacin T gel 1%.

after we finished our accutane process, then the IB effect from retin-a will not happen?

i finished my 1st course of accutane and use azelaic and antibiotic for maintenance, but a had 2nd break out :(