Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm one of the many that get pissed and down in the dumps when acne is lookin bad, or when you gotta go out and cant hide it, yeah it sucks. But there is SO much worse things out there. It sounds stupid, but think about it. There are children in other countries that do not eat/drink for days, there are children in America that have cancer and don't see the age of 16. Acne is treatable, but for some people, they are born into a bad situation. Everytime I'm down, I try and think about if I was a cancer patient, or had HIV, autism, downsydrome..and if I were to be asked if I'd want one of those diseases or acne, I'd pick the worst kind of acne in a heartbeat. Maybe its because I go on this website and see alot of down people and it kinda annoy me in a way, but I just want to rise up and start speaking the truth.

"God gave you a hand to deal with, wether it's a full house, or a couple 2's and some 3's, it's what you make of the hand that determines an outcome"

I'm glad you shared your perception, and I agree that many people have worse problems in the world, but it does no one any good to trivialize their problems.

For me, it helped to learn about the world (what I study in university actually), and I did gain perspective. But when I had a difficult time with acne, I wanted and needed, more than anything, understanding and support. I think that's what is important here.

Maybe in the grand scheme of life acne is very trivial, but to someone who struggles on a daily basis, it is much, much more.

im not tryin to trivalize anyone's problems, but too many people on here come on depressed and feed off other people's depressed thoughts/feelings. this site is good for people that need questions answered and know more info about meds and other stories. these past couple weeks have been the better ones of me on accutane and i guess I just got tired of it. this site is great, but i think people are becomin too addicted to it and that can be a problem. like i said before, someone else has it worse out there, but yet if you read most of the peoples blog;s..youd think that person is them.

I think this is a good forum for sharing your problems with others that are going through the same thing. I stay because I want to help others that are still struggling. For some people, this site is all they have.

"God gave you a hand to deal with, wether it's a full house, or a couple 2's and some 3's, it's what you make of the hand that determines an outcome"

Did you know that the "problem of evil" triumphs over traditional theism?

(1) God is a perfectly benevolent, omnipotent being.

(2) A perfectly benevolent being would prevent any unnecessary natural evil if he could.

(3) An omnipotent being could prevent all unnecessary natural evil.

(4) Therefore, if there were a God, there would be no unnecessary natural evil.

(5) But there is unnecessary natural evil.

(6) God doesn't exist.

I'm one of the many that get pissed and down in the dumps when acne is lookin bad, or when you gotta go out and cant hide it, yeah it sucks. But there is SO much worse things out there. It sounds stupid, but think about it. There are children in other countries that do not eat/drink for days, there are children in America that have cancer and don't see the age of 16. Acne is treatable, but for some people, they are born into a bad situation. Everytime I'm down, I try and think about if I was a cancer patient, or had HIV, autism, downsydrome..and if I were to be asked if I'd want one of those diseases or acne, I'd pick the worst kind of acne in a heartbeat. Maybe its because I go on this website and see alot of down people and it kinda annoy me in a way, but I just want to rise up and start speaking the truth.

actually...i'm autistc (aspergers syndrome) with bipolar disorder and PTSD and endometriosis and acne actually will set off a series of events that make me really not care about the horrible situations you describe.

sometimes, its the little things that cause the most damage.

anyways, i just wanted to say something because i do stare at worst case scenarios daily and i would STILL live with them over acne because at least its something that i can hide if i need to or a doctor can try to fix, with acne its like my sense of all control is gone and i feel like a failure.

i'm clear now but i llive with that fear still of breaking out again.

so, i guess it really depends on your perspective.

I like this thread, i always think that things could be worse.

(2) A perfectly benevolent being would prevent any unnecessary natural evil if he could.

(6) God doesn't exist.

Hmmm, I'm not sure what the point or message is here.

I am totally empathetic and sympathetic to others people's problems no matter how large or small. It is all relative. My acne sucks and bothers me and I do let it depress me. But I also keep it in perspective with the bigger picture stuff. Believe me when I say it is way down on the totem pole of my shit. I have a stepmother who passed away last month, a very good friend who has been like a 2nd father to me who is currently battling stage 4 cancer, my best friend in the world died last summer and a week later I got laid off from my job too, I have another best friend who just had a baby with major heart defects is only 6 months old and has already undergone two major open heart surgeries. I am unemployed, single, 39 y/o, no children and have no prospects. Trust me when I say acne is not my biggest problem or even concern. But it does annoy the f*ck out of me and it certainly does not make life easy when you are trying to reinvent your whole life.. So at the end of the day after I've spent my last brain particle dealing with the emotions of the all the aforementioned crap - it's good for me to come here and vent about my frustrations and also to gain knowledge, hope, and perspective from others who are dealing with the same shit. I also frequent bereavement support boards, cancer boards, fertility boards, rare congential defects in babies boards, job boards, etc. This is just one stop of many for me in my regular web travels. I'd venture to guess the same is true for the majority of folks here..

exactly! its all relative. It depends on the person, unless we're all robots programmed to respond with the appropriate emotion to every situation.

its like theres no time table for grief or how to express grief. Why do some people not value the life of a beloved dog while others actually go in for grief counselling?

why do some men/women remarry a year after the death of a spouse while others refuse to get over the loss for the rest of their lives?

its all relative. Whats a small deal to someone is a huge deal to someone else.

and really....i'm not sure where this god thing comes into it.

if there is such a creature, i would think they would be pretty neutral in the matter, otherwise they have a lot of explaining to do, like the holocost.

(6) God doesn't exist.

...a perfectly benevolent God would let you choose between good and evil (God and sin) not force you to do every thing He says. Humans are naturaly evil(sinful) but god loves us and gives us a chance. saying that there is no God because there is evil is like saying there is no law because someone ran a red light.

1 law keeps people safe and free

2 law would prevent people from inhibiting others safty and freedom

3 law could prevent all dangers

4 therefore, if there were law, there would be no danger

5 but there is danger

6 there is no law

You could say God gave us free will, but then letting people choose their own fate is WORSE than Him doing it for you. Hence, unnecessary and unjustified acts of violence.

(6) God doesn't exist.

...a perfectly benevolent God would let you choose between good and evil (God and sin) not force you to do every thing He says. Humans are naturaly evil(sinful) but god loves us and gives us a chance. saying that there is no God because there is evil is like saying there is no law because someone ran a red light.

5 but there is danger

6 there is no law

I think you misunderstood the post to which you replied. Natural evil isn't caused by man. Natural disasters, genetic diseases, and random misfortunes are all examples of perceived natural evil.

God cannot possibly be omnipotent and benevolent while allowing natural evil to adversely affect the lives of humans.

If humans were indeed intrinsically evil, secular societies would never flourish. Look around you. It seems that the impoverished are more likely to be religious than the wealthy, and religious states lag far behind secular states in every aspect.

um when you get really bad acne. ull feel different. YES IVE THOUGHT I DONT HAVE IT AS BAD AS OTHER PEOPLE. like the things u mentioned. but then i look at myself in the mirror and thats quickly forgotten. then it becomes yeah they have it bad, BUT I HAVE ACNE, THIS IS MY ISSUE, AND THIS IS WHAT I DEALT WITH. AND UNFORTUNATELY IS PART OF MY LIFE. you can say that because u have nothing to worry about. when u have really bad acne and scars i bet you wont feel the way u felt in ur original post.

IT ANNOYS ME THAT U EVEN SAY THAT WHEN U HAVENT FELT WHAT REAL ACNE IS. a pimple is not acne, pluh-ease!

um when you get really bad acne. ull feel different. YES IVE THOUGHT I DONT HAVE IT AS BAD AS OTHER PEOPLE. like the things u mentioned. but then i look at myself in the mirror and thats quickly forgotten. then it becomes yeah they have it bad, BUT I HAVE ACNE, THIS IS MY ISSUE, AND THIS IS WHAT I DEALT WITH. AND UNFORTUNATELY IS PART OF MY LIFE. you can say that because u have nothing to worry about. when u have really bad acne and scars i bet you wont feel the way u felt in ur original post.

IT ANNOYS ME THAT U EVEN SAY THAT WHEN U HAVENT FELT WHAT REAL ACNE IS. a pimple is not acne, pluh-ease!

it is depending on the person. If you had persistant mild acne into your 20's ya, its not as bad as cystic acne but it takes a toll on you over time and definetely causes stress and debilitating sense of self in many people.

i have cystic acne, the pictures i got on my page are old as hell, dont get me wrong I have days were I feel like shit sometimes and I wanna hook off on the first persons face I see that is clear. Im on accutane. But I feel so many people get caught up in the "feel bad for me mentality". and in some cases yeah i feel bad for people, but its the people that just don't ever look at the positive that annoy me, you can't live your life saying "why me", "or what if i didnt". you gotta make the best of your situation. i probably came off strong, but I just want people to know there are far worse things out there you could be dealt with

i remember I posted one website on here, to make people actually feel better about themselves. It was pictures of big name celebrities with pictures of their acne, and that was seen so negative because "oh its not cystic acne"..so for the people that think I'm just bein negative about shit its not like that. this is the 2nd attempt i tried and made to get people to really think that "its not so bad", your not the only one's goin through this, and for the exception to a couple...most people aren't seein eye to eye with me

i have cystic acne, the pictures i got on my page are old as hell, dont get me wrong I have days were I feel like shit sometimes and I wanna hook off on the first persons face I see that is clear. Im on accutane. But I feel so many people get caught up in the "feel bad for me mentality". and in some cases yeah i feel bad for people, but its the people that just don't ever look at the positive that annoy me, you can't live your life saying "why me", "or what if i didnt". you gotta make the best of your situation. i probably came off strong, but I just want people to know there are far worse things out there you could be dealt with

I know there is, i deal with the big bad stuff everyday. I still know how acne can still trump it all somedays, its a lack of control, its so visible like a big sign where normally people don't know how sick i am, the acne is an advertisement.

i'm clear now but you can bet your ass i freak out over a pimple. Disco Stu don't advertise.

QUOTE (New Disciple @ Jun 4 2009, 09:05 PM)

(6) God doesn't exist.

5 but there is danger

6 there is no law

I think you misunderstood the post to which you replied. Natural evil isn't caused by man. Natural disasters, genetic diseases, and random misfortunes are all examples of perceived natural evil.

God cannot possibly be omnipotent and benevolent while allowing natural evil to adversely affect the lives of humans.

If humans were indeed intrinsically evil, secular societies would never flourish. Look around you. It seems that the impoverished are more likely to be religious than the wealthy, and religious states lag far behind secular states in every aspect.

I understood perfectly, natural disasters, genetic diseases, and random "misfortunes" are not evil. they are no more evil than a leaf falling from a tree, they're natural. the only reason you call them evil is because it causes discomfort to people.

I live in Texas which has one of the best econimes in the US, while Califoria has the worst.

You could say God gave us free will, but then letting people choose their own fate is WORSE than Him doing it for you. Hence, unnecessary and unjustified acts of violence.

God gave us free will because if He didn't then we would all be the same and there would have been no reason for Him to create us.

This thread was not made to debate this subject so i will stop and i ask you to do the same. if you wish to debate it further please vist my profile and we can do it there.

I am sorry this thread has gone off subject, please forgive me.

I understood perfectly, natural disasters, genetic diseases, and random "misfortunes" are not evil. they are no more evil than a leaf falling from a tree, they're natural. the only reason you call them evil is because it causes discomfort to people.

I live in Texas which has one of the best econimes in the US, while Califoria has the worst.

Humans have always attributed natural disasters to the wrath of Gods. If the Gods are unhappy, humans follow suit. It doesn't really matter what you call it. It causes pain to humans and is supposedly controlled by an omnipotent God. You haven't answered my question: how can God be both omnipotent and benevolent at the same time?

California has a higher GDP per capita ($42,000) than Texas ($37,000). Along with Connecticut, DC and New Jersey have the highest GDP per capita numbers in the US. All of the states in the federation are practically secular.

You cannot possibly deny the proportional correlation between secularism and quality of life. That's because the disadvantaged cling to the notion that the afterlife will provide justice for them. Religion is an enormous psychological booster for these people.

i know you understqand..but to lamb4life who tries to say i dont have any acne problems annoys me. im someone who suffers from it jsut as badly as someone else might

Everything is relative in the eye of the beholder. To some, acne is the end of the world; to others, it's just another problem needing to be dealt with. If people want to come on here depressed, self loathing, and hateful about their acne problems, let them, because this particular forum is meant for that. People have every right to post how they feel, even if it's ruining their life, and shouldn't feel reprimanded because a kid 300 miles away is dying from cancer.

Plus it's better to do it here than at work/at school anyway.

If I ever become famous, I won't success-- because of acne. He he

Seriously, I don't even care about life! It's short. We all going to be "useless" when we're old.

You're driving, then you turn and a guy who is drunk drives fast and hits you. You're dead.

To many accident going around.

There are people who are suffering because their poor-

There are people who are suffering because they have acne-

There are people who are suffering because they're lonely. :|

I envy those famous-people who are loved by practically everyone! :X

But we must move on :)

I have to admit, before I got acne I was very shallow. The only things I cared about were my looks and myself. I wasn't a good person. Acne has humbled me. Now I actually think about real issues like poverty and warfare and the many other horrors of mankind on a regular basis. Maybe me getting acne was karma and I am now, finally, seeing it from the other side. When I look at people now, I don't tear them apart. I am grateful.

All true.. But then you see those people who have everything and you hate yourself again.

nah you shouldnt ever feel bad for who you are. id rather look at people who got it all and use it as motivation to strive for excellence. once you settle for 2nd place minus well quit on life