Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
John-

birth/children

this question may rub people the wrong way, and it isn't intended to, but it was brought up amongst my one friend(hes got cystic acne)..and we were talkin

the question was, "since your family has a history with horrible cystic acne, would you ever have a child(children) with a girl who had it too?"...at 1st i thought to myself, thats kind of dumb it shouldn't really matter, but the more I thought about it, I kind of leaned towards no. I realized the emotional damage it cost 3 of my 4 grandparents..and I kind of thought how I feel sometimes when I'm down. I know it kind of sounds real asshole-ish, but does anyone else feel that way. And I honestly don't care bout women with skin problems, it's just I don't know if I'd be willing to risking all of those negative genes and passing them along to my children.

please comment on this, i want honest opinions

Yes. I would think about it. Of course I'm not going to judge my partner for having acne, but I would be thinking of my potential child. I don't want my child to go through the same problems as I did. I don't see how it's being assholish if you're thinking about your future children.

thanks..its hard and sounds horrible..but you think about all the emotional shit you go through and you really want your child going through that. acne is a horrible thing

You've been through it, so that gives you an advantage. Your child is going to open up if they know you care. I know there's only so much family and friends can do for support, but usually the support is enough to keep the victim moving forward.

I would think being a parent is hard work. You have to watch your child suffer. We stay locked away in a dark room and think we are only affecting ourselves. I bet our parents were dying too.