Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What kind of makeup do you all use while on accutane?? Also, how are you getting it off? I have dry yet oily skin so makeup doesn't just "melt" off for me, especially mineral powders, but all makeup seems to take a ton of elbow grease to get off which of course results in irritation so I really don't know what to do as far as removing it especially now that my skin will be even dryer. Also, for makeup I don't know what to do because I'd think we most likely need something more moisturizing now but then again we are moisturizing so much as is that things might work out fine w/ your a-typical oil-free non-comedogenic foundation or mineral powder and I'm totally over-reacting. :ninja: But really, this is nerve-wrecking, lol. Advice?? Thanks.

yea cleansing oils are the best.

I use dermalogica precleanse, and then follow with my facial cleanser.

For make-up, I have stopped using mattifiers and powder, now I use a silicone primer but still the same foundation. At the end of the day my face does look a little dry - like my skin has sucked up all of my foundation LOL. I'm looking into getting MAC Fix+, its like a moisturising spray that you can mist over your make-up, so could be something I could do @ lunchtime to avoid dryness.

MORE MAKE-UP TIPS PLZ :D

Try Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil.

My favorite so far. Fancl is a Japanese brand and you can buy it online. It's really mild, preservative free and doesn't irritate my skin at all. I've been using it before I was put on tane and I don't see any need switching to other products coz it's amazing, doesn't dry out my skin, and cleanse completely. The only con is that you have to use it up within 6 months, for it's preservative free. After that I use Cetafil mild cleanser. Together they work beautifully.

PS I use Bobbi Brown oil free foundation.

I use baby oil to remove my makeup during accutane. Its cheap and good but you need to cleanse it with your cleanser after that because its gonna be oily.