Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carmusen

Should I take a SWIMMING CLASS?

So summer's approaching and I'm thinking of taking a swimming class. I'm 20 and I still don't know how to swim. It's going to be at the local community college so there'll be some kid and immature high schoolers and all sorts of people. I'm going to be in a swim wear with acne. And my face will be totally exposed! (Dan's regimen usually reduces the appearance of my acne.)

I checked and there's already 40 people in the class (and the pool is not that big). So should I or should I not?

You have to block out all the distractions. Stop letting acne get in the way of what you want to do. I think you should do it.

Do it!

Swimming's great exercise and it's fun, too. If you even just rinse off after swimming, you'll get the potentially irritating and drying chlorine off and it won't bother your skin. I found that swimming (and rinsing off afterwards) helped clear me up wayyyy back in the dark ages when I was on a swim team and swam competitively.

Have fun!

Yay do it. Be mentally prepared for the immature who may attack in various forms (including whistling) and remember you have just as much right to be there as ANY of them.

If your prone to dry skin rubbing vaseline (petroleum jelly) on it before you get in the water is good for protecting it too.

I love swimming. Hope u have fun :angel: !

I would do it, I'm sure you will have your moments of insecurity, but don't let acne hold you back. Imagine if Michael Phelps had acne, so he decided not to swim. Grab life by the horns! :angel:

I WOULD NEVER DO IT! NEVERRRRRRRRRRRR!

BUT BECAUSE I HAVE ISSUES OTHER THAN ACNE. theres something wrong with my skin, if left too long on water, little white things start showing up on my sface. my skin then becomes flaky and super dry. and my face looks like a mess. i found that out 3 yrs ago the last time i went to the beach. it was super embarrasing cause i didnt know my skin was looking like that. then went through the bathroom and was so embarrased. and on the shower i scraped off with a towel everything i could. lets just say my face became inflammed and super red. it was a horrible experience. but then again u prob just have acne and not my problem. so u should do it.

Definitely do it, you could meet people and you'll learn how to swim. I was going to join the swim team my junior year of high school but I let my acne hold me back when I should have just went for it. Are you a guy or a girl? because I couldn't tell if make up was a factor as well.

Yes, do it. You will have fun... and Im sure there will be others with acne there anyways... so just do it and have fun and learn how to swim :)