Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
REB

Hardening affect.

Please read this to get the overview of everything. Below states why it has to do with the BP forum.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Sighwhat-this-t230324.html

Nowadays i feel like it went through a hardening affect. Its always dry, etc...

After thinking about it for weeks i believe it was because my dermatologist gave me a BP medicine for a while. At first i had no idea what i was doing so i just stuck a bunch on that area. I think thats whats causing this, but its been monthssince ive used it. Why isnt it going away? Could this be permanent? Everyday i go out into the sun or when i sweat i look horrible.

Any opinions.

Could this be caused by using a ton of BP at one time right when i got it?

My most important question...is there a way to get rid of it.

My face has broken out again horribly and im probably going back on acutane. Could that clear it?

Thanks so much!

if you think its the BP that caused it i would never use it again.. but thats just me.

Id use maybe a vitamin e moisturizer in that area until the inflammation subsides.

Can you recommend a moisterizer?

Anyone else?

Im so close to just giving up at this point.

How long ago did you use the BP, and how much did you use? Using too much, too fast can irritate your skin, but if it was months ago, then I doubt that the redness you're experiencing is from the BP.

What kind of skincare regimen are you using now? In that thread, you mentioned washing three times a day with soap, which very well may have been irritating your skin. Have you found a gentle cleanser to use instead? And if so, are you still using it three times a day? Over-washing can irritate your skin as well, so your best bet would be to only wash twice a day with a gentle cleanser, and then follow that with moisturizer.

I, personally, use Cetaphil moisturizer, and like it very much, but I don't have much of a problem with red skin. You might want to look for moisturizers for sensitive skin.

And when was the last time you talked to your derm about this? I know you said that they'd given you Desonate. Did that not help at all? Maybe you need to talk to them again.

Thanks for the response :)

Well desonide was given to me and it didnt really help. The redness seemed to go away for a little then came back in full force with acne all on top of it etc.

Ive been washing only 2 times a day aswell!

Maybe i should get a cleanser? What would you recommend from like a wal-mart or something?

BP will make your skin red and plus you are washing to much, try washing once a day in warm (NOT HOT) water. hope it helps

as for moisturizer avoid ones with oil, petroleum, wax, etc. maybe you can find a moisturizer based on aloe vera, its one of the best natural moisturizers, better then jojoba oil or emu.

Thanks for the response :)

Well desonide was given to me and it didnt really help. The redness seemed to go away for a little then came back in full force with acne all on top of it etc.

Ive been washing only 2 times a day aswell!

Maybe i should get a cleanser? What would you recommend from like a wal-mart or something?

Any of these cleansers should be fine: http://www.acne.org/findingsupplies2.php#step1

Try talking to your derm again. Explain how long you've been experiencing the redness, which products you've used, and which ones you're currently using on the effected area (and how often), and see if you can work together to figure out what's causing the redness and how to fix it.

Thanks ill try that.

Ill be picking one of those cleansers up later.

Do i use it just like soap and then not wash with soap anymore?

Thanks again for the help!

Thanks ill try that.

Ill be picking one of those cleansers up later.

Do i use it just like soap and then not wash with soap anymore?

Thanks again for the help!

Yup, just replace your soap with a gentle cleanser. It's up to you whether you want to get a liquid cleanser or a bar cleanser, but all the cleansers on the list I linked you to are pretty gentle. Just lather up, gently massage the cleanser over your skin for about ten to fifteen seconds, and then rinse. Don't scrub or wash for too long. The key is to be gentle and not overdo it.

2 times a day you said?

And you said warm water, i use cold water because i remember someone told me to do that.

Is that bad?

Yes, twice a day. Once in the morning, and once at night.

And you can use whatever temperature is most comfortable to you, as long as it's not overly hot. I generally use warm water, and it's worked fine for me.