Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ADLL13

New to the Board

My name is Ashley. I'm 22 years old, and have been dealing with this cystic ance since my early teens.

post-104657-1243991223_thumb.jpg

My mother also dealt with this same type of acne all throughout her 20's until she got a doctor to prescribe her accutane...and she said it was a miracle worker and to this day will break out with a cyst maybe twice a year.

I on the other hand will get one/two/three even every other week. I am virtually clear otherwise, with thankfully minimal scarring, but the cysts take over my face, and they are so so so painful.

I like most others have been on everything from topical gels/ointments, to pills, on 3 kinds of BC that supposedly help acne, different prescription facewashes. I am at the point now where I really don't know what to do, and am afraid i may just have to live with it, and just try to maintain and best as possible.

I have not had very diligent doctors in the past, quick to see me and prescribe me yet something else that does not work, and am in the process of finding a good dermatoligist in the area.

Just thought i'd introduce myself, and am finding all of the advice and stories on here very enlightening and informational.

Welcome to the board! :)

Wow.. that one by your chin looks SO painful. :( Have you gone to your derm for a cortisone shot?

I hope it gets better soon - keep us updated on your progress!

My name is Ashley. I'm 22 years old, and have been dealing with this cystic ance since my early teens.

My mother also dealt with this same type of acne all throughout her 20's until she got a doctor to prescribe her accutane...and she said it was a miracle worker and to this day will break out with a cyst maybe twice a year.

I on the other hand will get one/two/three even every other week. I am virtually clear otherwise, with thankfully minimal scarring, but the cysts take over my face, and they are so so so painful.

I like most others have been on everything from topical gels/ointments, to pills, on 3 kinds of BC that supposedly help acne, different prescription facewashes. I am at the point now where I really don't know what to do, and am afraid i may just have to live with it, and just try to maintain and best as possible.

I have not had very diligent doctors in the past, quick to see me and prescribe me yet something else that does not work, and am in the process of finding a good dermatoligist in the area.

Just thought i'd introduce myself, and am finding all of the advice and stories on here very enlightening and informational.

Why have you not tried accutane and anti-inflammatory injections?

Joe Zit

Thanks for the welcome.

I dont' really have a good answer to those questions I suppose... I haven't really had a very good dermatoligist or GP, neither have ever seen my cysts in full force and are quick to downplay my acne.

I have found a new dermatoligist, and will be going later this month, and this time I took pictures.

All i know of is Accutane, what are the shots you mention? It seems like there are soooo many different "remedies" out there, I'm just trying to sort through all of them. In the meantime, I have drastically changed my dietary habits, and drink water only, and already I've seen an improvement...But they come back...always....

Thanks for the help.

I did accutane for half a year on low mg tablet, it really cleared my acne completely for about a year, then it came back but very much reduced, so I get a couple now and then which also depends upon my diet as I have allergies against soya, so eating soya makes my skin very oily and makes it more prone to acne.

I would really recommend accutane for a nice clearup, I've been suggesting this to some people but if you feel you get really oily skin after eating certain foods, you should do an allergy blood test and see if your allergic to something.