Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Miss Bennet

My Acne Is getting Worse; Can't Live my Life

I have been striving for clear skin for 2 years now. I have moderate acne. My acne affects my life more than most people realize. Whenever I go out in a public place i feel like hiding. I always look at other people's skin and compare it to my own. A lot of the time I have to hide behind my hair because I will start to cry. Not only that, but whenever I go out anywhere I tend to get at least one new active zit or under-the-skin bump. It's really bad at school. I always break out there. It's gotten so bad that I even think about my face when I take a test and often can't concentrate. I have very supportive friends and a loving boyfriend but nothing seems to help. I cry about it a lot. All I want to change about myself is my skin and it's the only thing that I can't change.

I came across this site and was very hopeful. I have been on the regimen (using all of Dan's products and only them) strictly for about five days. I use the regimen once in the morning and once at night and my skin is getting over-dry and starting to overproduce oil. I'm starting to get more active zits when I go out (which I try to avoid but I have to go to school). I really want clear skin and I want the regimen to work.

I feel really hopeless. Everyday I feel like I should just give up, but I always press on. Does anyone have any advice or a possible reason why I break out only when I go out?

Please help me,

Miss Bennet

Hey Miss Bennet! I don't know about Dan's regimen that well but it seems to work for a lot of people so hopefully it will work for you as well; but, you have to give it time to work like 2-3 months. As far as the breaking out when going out, I think that due to your stress and anxiety of being out in public is causing more to form. I don't know if you have anything to release stress but working out and eating well seems to really help me, maybe you should give that a try as well, if you already don't. I know how hard it can be to go out in public at times, but just keep trying; try to hold your head up high! :)

you may want to talk to a dermatologist and he may be able to give you some info about your specific problem. you may also need to look into your hormones as the main culprit. If so there are ways to control your flareups ie diet, birth control, etc.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time. :comfort: Honestly, being so stressed out when in public exacerbates the problem. Pimples do not form in a matter of minutes, but in spans of several days, usually about two weeks, due to cell turnover.

When we get paranoid, stressed, or anxious, we tend to fixate on that flaw. For you and me, and everyone here, it's acne. For others, it may be weight. Whatever the flaws, we all have them. Dan's Regime may work for you, but you must give it time. At least a month. I know it feels impossible, but as the days go by, try to find your last vestiges of patience. It may be worth it. =)

I have been striving for clear skin for 2 years now. I have moderate acne. My acne affects my life more than most people realize. Whenever I go out in a public place i feel like hiding. I always look at other people's skin and compare it to my own. A lot of the time I have to hide behind my hair because I will start to cry. Not only that, but whenever I go out anywhere I tend to get at least one new active zit or under-the-skin bump. It's really bad at school. I always break out there. It's gotten so bad that I even think about my face when I take a test and often can't concentrate. I have very supportive friends and a loving boyfriend but nothing seems to help. I cry about it a lot. All I want to change about myself is my skin and it's the only thing that I can't change.

I came across this site and was very hopeful. I have been on the regimen (using all of Dan's products and only them) strictly for about five days. I use the regimen once in the morning and once at night and my skin is getting over-dry and starting to overproduce oil. I'm starting to get more active zits when I go out (which I try to avoid but I have to go to school). I really want clear skin and I want the regimen to work.

I feel really hopeless. Everyday I feel like I should just give up, but I always press on. Does anyone have any advice or a possible reason why I break out only when I go out?

Please help me,

Miss Bennet

Sorry you feel so hopeless. If you eat junk food when you go out that'll contribute to your breakouts. And use the time that you spend by yourself due to acne getting smarter by reading books, watching movies, listening to music, playing music, etc. It'll pay off.

You can't feel hopeless. There are different treatments available to try. You need to give the regimen a couple of months to properly evaluate your results. If you're predisposed to acne, then expect to get a few random pimples even after the breakout is over.

It sounds like your entire life hinges upon clear skin, and I'll tell you right now that's a bad way to approach life. You acknowledge the fact that you have a boyfriend and great friends. That's a luxury that some people don't have. No, this isn't the familiar lecture that your parents repeated at the dinner table (ex. Finish your food because there are kids starving in Africa). It's a request that you start to utilize your assets. Friends are there to listen and be supportive. I'm sure your boyfriend is willing to assist you with these problems.

Hey,

I know exactly how you feel and I'm 20 years old. I don't have a bad acne problem really, but I just can't stand having mild acne. I feel like everyone will look at me in disgust.

Check this website out, it changed me.

It's a natural way to cure acne, no over the counter products. I'm no sales person or anything, I just hope this can seriously help you. It helped me understand my acne more than I thought. The website really makes sense. My acne has gotten way better working through this system and I've been trying EVERY product possible for the past 4 years and nothing was really working. Plus I feel healthier in general and I'm eating WAY BETTER!!!

I wish you the best of luck and the clearest skin!

Good luck with whatever works for ya! and don't be to down on yourself, it will all get better no matter what.