Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clown Girl

Problem: People.

So my situation goes like this...

Usually I eat very healthy, salads for lunch with fruits for dessert. To me, eating healthy is the only way to go. I've gotten to the point where I think normal fast food looks disgusting. So I don't have a problem eating nutritional, except for one thing: people.

Everywhere people always ask me why I don't eat a burger or pizza during lunch...hmm let's see, well I don't want to have a heart attack? Except, even if I tell me the positives about eating healthy (only if they ask me, I don't preach), they don't give a crap and just tell me, "WE only have one life to live and I'd rather live my life eating the most delicious junk food on earth!".

First of all, that is totally contradictory of them to say. Second, how can you live a great life if it ends in 5 minutes? I know it's going to be the end of the world trying to convince them...but I need an outsiders opinion. Thanks! PS- I'm not a total health nut freak, I eat junk food one in a blue moon!

I just think people aren't being open minded and have just been using the same defense mechanism they've been using bc. advertisements and great marketing have told them to be pigs...

ugh.

Tell them good luck with that. You'd rather live a healthy life and eat the most delicious healthy food on earth.

Personally, I plan to never be miserable and decrepit. Always able to walk, be fit and energetic and be able to do whatever I enjoy.

I don't have the problem you do. People I eat with claim to want to eat healthier. They are just either clueless about what that means or plan to start tomorrow.

It's the exact same way here! I can't listen to anyone talking to me without hearing mockery of my choice of diet and lifestyle (even parents..).

So my situation goes like this...

Usually I eat very healthy, salads for lunch with fruits for dessert. To me, eating healthy is the only way to go. I've gotten to the point where I think normal fast food looks disgusting. So I don't have a problem eating nutritional, except for one thing: people.

Everywhere people always ask me why I don't eat a burger or pizza during lunch...hmm let's see, well I don't want to have a heart attack? Except, even if I tell me the positives about eating healthy (only if they ask me, I don't preach), they don't give a crap and just tell me, "WE only have one life to live and I'd rather live my life eating the most delicious junk food on earth!".

First of all, that is totally contradictory of them to say. Second, how can you live a great life if it ends in 5 minutes? I know it's going to be the end of the world trying to convince them...but I need an outsiders opinion. Thanks! PS- I'm not a total health nut freak, I eat junk food one in a blue moon!

I just think people aren't being open minded and have just been using the same defense mechanism they've been using bc. advertisements and great marketing have told them to be pigs...

ugh.

Don't listen to people, though, it's OK to eat pizza, burger on the weekends. It's up to you! I don't eat junk food on the weekends! Once you're 40's, you'll look much younger and stronger than those people who told you to eat junk food!So, keep eating healthy, don't give up.

its fine to have a pizza or burgur once in a while.

no need to stresss about eating when your freind are around you.

Yes, it is okay to eat something unhealthy once in a while. I do it a couple times a week. I just make the other meals really good. But that isn't the point.

Anyway, Clown Girl, you should tell them how much better you will look and feel than them in a few years. Even though I've only been eating really healthy for a little over 3 years, my diet was usually better than average. And now I look way better than most people my age. I recently saw people from high school on facebook and they look like crap. And these were the 'beautiful people' in my school. The last few years I've been actively observing the people around me aging while I am not. I plan to only get better.

wow thank you guyssss, some inspirational advice you told me! Good luck with all of your diets also :) Haha, I'm off to run/walk now.

Why try to convince them? I think you're doing great. It's their problem if they don't understand why you eat healthy.

Tell them good luck with that. You'd rather live a healthy life and eat the most delicious healthy food on earth.

Personally, I plan to never be miserable and decrepit. Always able to walk, be fit and energetic and be able to do whatever I enjoy.

I don't have the problem you do. People I eat with claim to want to eat healthier. They are just either clueless about what that means or plan to start tomorrow.

Well said!! Though I do find it annoying that my friends only ever quiz me on my eating habits when I'm eating well, and then don't bat an eyelid when I eat junk, caus its 'normal' :mad:

and then as well you get the comments when people ask you if you drink much/smoke weed/whtever and your friends will jump in like, noooo, she is sooooooooooooooooo SUPER healthy! like your some kind of freak... JUST for eating what your body wants you to eat ...

Well said!! Though I do find it annoying that my friends only ever quiz me on my eating habits when I'm eating well, and then don't bat an eyelid when I eat junk, caus its 'normal' :mad:

and then as well you get the comments when people ask you if you drink much/smoke weed/whtever and your friends will jump in like, noooo, she is sooooooooooooooooo SUPER healthy! like your some kind of freak... JUST for eating what your body wants you to eat ...

Exactly! And it's like..."Well this I'm not a freak...this is actually normal...junk food addicts are the ones kind of freaky..." haha.

Lol, I get that sometime at work. They say " you want this?" Someone says "No he doesn't eat that because it has sugars." Though, if I didn't had acne problem, I would be eating junks, because I wouldn't find this forum! Even if I'm clear, I still eat 100% healthy.

I hate it when people tell you to do something about your acne like "put cream on it" and bullshit like that, and then on top of that go on and on about how your diet has nothing to do with it and all..

Ironic, yes?

I have the same thing, sometimes. A girl from my class once asked me if I wanted her to bring me back a sandwich for lunch. Naturally, I asked "what kind?" she replied with "grilled chicken with tomatoes and lettuce." Then, I asked "well, is the bread whole grain?" "..err..no" "no thanks" and she gave me this utter look of disgust.

At one point, when I refused to eat a slice of pizza, she shouted "You are the weirdest person I've ever met!" like it's odd to care about your health.

I get so sick of people "oh go ahead..one donut won't kill you."

and for our class graduation BBQ, I mentioned bringing a veggie tray to which my teacher responded "What?! It's a BBQ! You don't eat stuff like that at a BBQ!" then he proceeded to mock me "..pssh 'bring a veggie tray' who does that?"

Of course, I don't always eat the best for budget reasons, but you'd think being healthy was as bad as being morbidly obese these days! Sad, really.

It's a shame people look down on you because you don't want to die of a heart attack at age 40.

I totally understand this too. Once I had been eating healthily for a long period of time I decided that I even liked the taste of these healthier foods more than the junk. I get so angry at the people that come up with that saying, "you only live once", yes well.. I'm going to live once enjoying the taste of my food, the way it makes me feel, the way it makes me look and out-live you junkies also (statistically :P). It's as if those kinds of people feel like we are punishing ourselves for eating these healthy foods...irony.