Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sp0oon

Tell me how to fix my skin?

What’s going on guys?

I've inherited bad skin from my mom's side of the family. My acne has pretty much been gone for a few years now but I’m 22 now and I’m still having skin problems.

I'm pretty sure they are white heads but I'm not 100 percent certain, so I decided to post here and see what you guys though. I've left them along for years in the hopes that they would just disappear, but I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon. So I'm wondering what I can do to cure my skin of this ugliness.

Here are the photos..

ug1.jpg

ug2.jpg

ug3.jpg

Right now all I use is dove soap to clean my face because my derm told me a long time ago that it's best for my skin type and regular cleansers will just tryout my skin. What do you guys think?

hmm, I say a cleanser and a moisturizer should stop those from appearing.

I think I remember reading somewhere that soap is bad for your face.

What’s going on guys?

I've inherited bad skin from my mom's side of the family. My acne has pretty much been gone for a few years now but I’m 22 now and I’m still having skin problems.

I'm pretty sure they are white heads but I'm not 100 percent certain, so I decided to post here and see what you guys though. I've left them along for years in the hopes that they would just disappear, but I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon. So I'm wondering what I can do to cure my skin of this ugliness.

Here are the photos..

ug1.jpg

ug2.jpg

ug3.jpg

Right now all I use is dove soap to clean my face because my derm told me a long time ago that it's best for my skin type and regular cleansers will just tryout my skin. What do you guys think?

dont use soap for your face, it can also dry out and break-down skin like nothing else. I recommend what im using, its called nature's plus natural beauty cleansing bar. I use it because it only has natural ingredients, it has Vitamin E that soothes and heals skin. I also like this non-soap bar because its not soap and because its PH is 4.5... all skin is slightly acidic, normal skin ranged from 5.5.-5.8 thats why i like this cleanser, it is closer and less harsh then alkali soaps and acne cleansers.

And for dryness i use mercola's bodybutter for the face before going in the shower, it has jojoba oil, aloe vera and etc. plus its all 100% organic. Its pretty oily so id only use it maybe 2-3 times a week.. i recently ordered merola's nighttime creame which is an all organic moisturizer and hopefully less oily-feeling.

thats all you need to keep your skin clear.. moisturizer ans a slightly acidic cleanser.

What’s going on guys?

Here are the photos..

ug1.jpg

ug2.jpg

ug3.jpg

dont use soap for your face, it can also dry out and break-down skin like nothing else. I recommend what im using, its called nature's plus natural beauty cleansing bar. I use it because it only has natural ingredients, it has Vitamin E that soothes and heals skin. I also like this non-soap bar because its not soap and because its PH is 4.5... all skin is slightly acidic, normal skin ranged from 5.5.-5.8 thats why i like this cleanser, it is closer and less harsh then alkali soaps and acne cleansers.

And for dryness i use mercola's bodybutter for the face before going in the shower, it has jojoba oil, aloe vera and etc. plus its all 100% organic. Its pretty oily so id only use it maybe 2-3 times a week.. i recently ordered merola's nighttime creame which is an all organic moisturizer and hopefully less oily-feeling.

thats all you need to keep your skin clear.. moisturizer ans a slightly acidic cleanser.

Thanks guys for all the replies. I will definetly look into switching cleansers.

I haven't looked into The Acne.org Regimen yet, but I will poke around in the morning and see what it's all about.

Thanks again :)

have to agree with adam, soap is really bad for ur face. im a living example of what happens when u use soap to wash ur face for one week, when i forgot to bring my facial cleansers to my hostel.