Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WestCoast7

Olay Complete SPF 15

I am currently on my 4th week using the regime and am very pleased with the results. The only thing that I have noticed is that the Olay Complete Moisturizer seems to give my face a whiteish shade, appearing as if doesn't absorb all of the way or that the SPF sits ontop and gives a odd finish. Has anybody has this problem and what would suggest to fix it. Thanks!

Most sunscreens with zinc oxide leave a bit of white sheen. Try using less of it and be sure to gently rub it in as much as possible without being irritating.

do you have a dark complexion? It's possible that rubbing it in won't help if you're skin is a dark color, perhaps you should try another? Some leave the white film no matter what, some take some time to absorb, some absorb it quickly....i use aveeno's daily 15 spf moisturizer, just look for the one with the green on the label. It leaves me skin just a bit lighter, but not white-ish, absorbs pretty well.

Are you using jojoba oil with the Olay? I found that completely solved the problem. I have fair skin, though. So the sunscreen stuff doesn't show up as much on my face to begin with.

I am asian , have tan skn and I have used the Olay SPF 15 and also the SPF 30 versions...I do recommend rubbing it in more because the sunscreen leaves that light film if you just pat it on. It never broke me out and i like how it's very light. However I did wear it to the beach and even though it was throughly absorbed prior i left the house, after sitting under the sun a few hours, and i was sweating, the white stuff was coming out so i guess that's the sunscreen dripping off. However that is the beach and in normal circumstances if you just wear it out you should be fine.

The only reason i'm not using it right now is coz my hubby decided he doesn't like Aveeno Ultra Calming (also has SPF 15) moisturizer so being $15 I didn't want it to go to waste, so that's what I'm using right now. I'll probably go back to the Olay Daily Defense SPF 30 once this is done since it's now summer!

I have fairly tan skin, but not to dark. I have found that adding jojoba oil really does help, and this time around I don't think that it has caused breakouts. I usually add about 3 drops of jojoba oil, is this about the same as the rest of you? I am in week 6 of the regimen and have seen noticeable clearing, but am also still quite flaky on some days.

Have people found that Olay with jojoba is enough? I like the level of moisture that Cetaphil provides, but it is just to greasy! Has anybody found something in between Olay and Cetaphil? Thanks for all the help!

You may want to try Aveeno, I think the texture is somewhere in between Olay and Cetaphil. I only use jojoba oil at night as a night time moisturizer but I heard people here really say it helps with flakes.

I really appreciate the help! Is there any Aveeno that you have found to be the best? I saw that you said you use the Ultra Calming, I am a 22 year old male with combo skin, so I was wondering if there is a specific Aveeno that you would suggest.

I think there's only three types of Aveeno (I was at Walgreens today to browse around)

Positively Ageless - which is more for wrinkles and fine lines

Ultra Calming - contains chamomile and feverfew for redness, it says its recommended for ppl with rosacea. i found it helped calm my minor blotchiness/rash when my allergies acted up. I'm on my 3rd bottle now, doesn't break me out. However since redness is not an issue for me anymore and its really about uneven complexion/some dark spots I'm contemplating trying the below....

Positively Radiant - it says this one is for evening out skin tone and lighten spots. so when I'm done wtih my current bottle I might get this one. It also has an spf 30, a nice bonus.

Unfortunately I can't speak for the textures of the other two variations! maybe get it somewhere like CVS where they have a money back guarantee on products!

I also use oil blotting sheets. My skin is normally dry but in summers or when I'm eating greasy food I feel yucky or greasy too! so I would blot my face gently with these to absorb oil and shine. They are the Clean and Clear oil blotting sheets but the generic ones from Walgreens or CVS work the same and are a buck or two cheaper. You may want to keep it handy and the packaging is thin enough you can fit in your wallet (since you are a guy and not supposed to be seen as "vain" and all :) )