Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
manu

needling and acids

just wondering...has anybody tried to needle the skin and then use acids on the needled skin?

i am not talking about tca, but maybne a 10% salicylic acid?

as far as i understand tca cross works by destroying the scar tissue. so if i needle the skin and then put a weak acid on it, shouldnt that improve the needling process? because the acid can actually go right into the scar tissue?

:think:

On Skin Bio they say that the Cooper Peptides and their Saliylic Acid helps the needling process along greatly but again they are selling the product. I just asked a similar question wether people thought saliylic acid (2%) with Copper Peptides was safe on Scars Post Accutane. Hopefully people with experience will chime in and help us.

just wondering...has anybody tried to needle the skin and then use acids on the needled skin?

as far as i understand tca cross works by destroying the scar tissue. so if i needle the skin and then put a weak acid on it, shouldnt that improve the needling process? because the acid can actually go right into the scar tissue?

hi!

when did you stop with accutane? i had it too, and i am not sure but i would not recommend salicylic acid. i guess copper peptides should be fine but i would wait with salicylic acid, that might be too much for the skin.

2% dont work on scars. i have a 10% salicylic acid, and i have to apply several layers until the skin reacts.

if i were you i would focus on nourishing the skin now, and wait a while with acids.

On Skin Bio they say that the Cooper Peptides and their Saliylic Acid helps the needling process along greatly but again they are selling the product. I just asked a similar question wether people thought saliylic acid (2%) with Copper Peptides was safe on Scars Post Accutane. Hopefully people with experience will chime in and help us.

I just read on a site selling Salicylic Acid not to use post Accutane (24 months) so I guess that answers that question. But if I just use Cooper Peptides will that be effective on scars?

I just read on a site selling Salicylic Acid not to use post Accutane (24 months) so I guess that answers that question. But if I just use Cooper Peptides will that be effective on scars?

honestly, i dont think so.

i have used the strongest stuff from tca to co2 laser, then salicylic acid, that vinegar method, skin needling and i can really say my scars are stubborn as hell. i really dont think copper peptides work on scars, they might be good for the skin but i guess that is it.

:(

I would not recomend using salicylic acid on your skin after you have needled it. At least not directly after. You don't want to get acid into wounds. I'ts not a pleasent expirience.

but beside the pain....do you think it would harm the skin? even just a 10% salicylic acid?

i mean those people who do tca cross, dont they use 100% tca? so that goes right into the scar tissue.

but when i needle a little bit, maybe just dry needle and then put 10%sa on it....why should that not improve the scar as i basically build up little 'paths' for the acid so it goes there where it should go...

hmm....i think i will try that out next time, just with one or two scars. they already look messed up so it doesnt matter anyway :cry:

i think that would cause a break out with my skin. isnt there mineral oil in there?

ive been massaging cocoa butter scar serum on the areas i needle and it seems to be helping

Hi Manu.

I had one round of Subcision ( quite similar to needling ) + Dermaroller and my dr. applied 20% Glycolic acid just after this. He said as the pores are open now so the acid can penetrate deep and provide good results. I had this 3 days back so i cannot tell you the results as if now.