Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blueeyednycgal

Supplements + Vitamins While on Accutane?

I just started my accutane regiment yesterday. While reading other people's logs I am noticing in their signatures alot of listings of "fish oil, omega 3, vitamin e" etc etc. However I was under the impression you should not be taking ANY other vitamins or supplements while on accutane?

Can someone shed some light on this for me? thanks

Yeah. If you google "vitamins no A" I am pretty sure some stuff pops up ... there are actually multivitamins made without A.

You'd also want to avoid cod liver oil, which is also very high in A. Not that a lot of people take cod liver oil these days .... :)

My derm actually told me it was ok to continue taking my multivitamin that has vitamin A in it because I've been on it forever and I'm really active. I guess it's because there's not a large amount of vitamin A in it. I would just discuss whatever you're thinking about taking with your doctor to see if it's ok.

I was told that I could take any vitamins but vitamin A.

I would recommend taking Vitamin C and and Zinc. Taking Vitamin C will help your skin tone lighten once you start getting a few marks (though seeing results from that take months, so you should start now). And 50mg of Zinc a day will help prevent and heal acne scars and marks that you might (and most likely) will get accutane.

Any more questions, message me...

thank you everyone! i appreciate this, right now my current multi vitamin has 50% of my daily allowance of A so def cant take that

i will def look into the btozinc! and see about that :)