Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, hears my story, ive had cystic acne for a year now but in febuary i went to see an NHS dermatologist who put me on RoAccutane and ever since i took the first tablet my skin has been getting better especially the last few weeks and this morning I woke up with a completly clear face!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY, However I do have some quite bad scars but TBH, after a year of cystic acne I really dont care about a few scars!!

So for any of you concerned about taking accutand, I say just do it, you may have a lot to gain!!

Glad to here your acne free!

Can I ask how long you were on it, or if your still on it for and how many mg a day.

Ive been on it for 85 days now and all round my face has gone worse.

Ive been on it for 5 months (exactly on monday!) and have 1 month left. Ive been on 75mg and the side effects havnt been to bad, dry skin, chapped lips (painfull sometimes!) slight back ach sometimes and redness.

Congratulations on that u must be so happy!

I myself am considering roaccutane, would u recommend it?

I've just entered my 4th month and I have to say Accutane is a miracle drug. My skin is looking better and I haven't had a breakout for almost 2 weeks now. I just have bruises and some red marks left, but I'm no longer embarrassed of my skin as I used to be. With more time it will improve.

I really don't know what I would have done by now without it.

three-and-a-half months and still no change

I mean I don't really have a choice but to finish the course, but if I'm not clear by the time I'm off it, I'm just giving up on life.