Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Glasgowe

Dealing with the feeling of filthiness . . .

So about this thing I have.

Every morning I wake up to feel last night's oil caked on my face and if any new blemishes have risen, I usually feel them too. It really disgusts me. I have to compulsively shower twice a day to escape this feeling of filthiness or else I will proceed throughout the day / evening in a hermit state of irritation and self-invalidation. It's only when I shower and the hour or two after the shower that I feel clean. Afterwards, I can feel the sensation of dirtiness creep back onto my face and grow compulsively restless until I either wash my face, apply some apple cider vinegar, or force myself to go to sleep so I don't have to think about it.

I don't know if this is the right forum for this, but does anyone else feel this way? I think it just comes with having overly oily skin and being conditioned to be so self-conscious about it. Are there any kind of treatments or products that can somehow safely cut back the production of oil or at least minimalize it? Is there any way to escape having to deal with feeling gross all the time or is this just another thing people with acne have to accept as their lot?

i know accutane does hellofva good job of reducing oil productiong, and i feel extremely clean with it, but accutane is only recommended if you have severe acne (i have heard of someone who was prescribed accutane even with moderate acne however). like when you get the cystic ones that won't go away for over a week. i was just prescribed accutane today. it is my 3rd round that i will be taking 40mg for 4 months. with my experience it only gives me about a year of acne relief. however, my doctor told me today that he doesn't see any potential danger in continuing accutane till my acne gets better. he said eventually i'll go on lower doses when my skin improves.

I feel filthy all the time too, not just physically but sometimes also mentally because of non-acne related things. I think I have a mild case of hyperhidrosis too, which doesn't make me feel any better.

Same thing here. I feel confident and attractive for about 3-4 hrs after cleaning my face and applying make up. Then the oil kicks in and I feel like a greasy mess till I wash and reapply make up. If you're a guy, atleast you can just go and wash your face - you don't have to worry about having to go through the whole reapplying make up thing. :wall:

I never have a problem with shine unless I have been at work for over five hours. The dry air is terrible and only tolerable if the air conditioning is on. I definitely feel filthy if I have a break-out though, because I put a lot of make-up on and by the end of the day it looks cakey. Right now I feel sort of gross because while two of my spots are now just red marks, the skin is SO DRY from toasting them with BP. I poured on so much moisturizer, I look like a grease stain.

Heres what works for me when I want to reduce my skin oiliness :

-avoid sugary treats & deep fried food.

-Make sure you get plenty of vitamin A from a natural source (no pills!)

-Exercise

-Control stress levels

So about this thing I have.

Every morning I wake up to feel last night's oil caked on my face and if any new blemishes have risen, I usually feel them too. It really disgusts me. I have to compulsively shower twice a day to escape this feeling of filthiness or else I will proceed throughout the day / evening in a hermit state of irritation and self-invalidation. It's only when I shower and the hour or two after the shower that I feel clean. Afterwards, I can feel the sensation of dirtiness creep back onto my face and grow compulsively restless until I either wash my face, apply some apple cider vinegar, or force myself to go to sleep so I don't have to think about it.

I don't know if this is the right forum for this, but does anyone else feel this way? I think it just comes with having overly oily skin and being conditioned to be so self-conscious about it. Are there any kind of treatments or products that can somehow safely cut back the production of oil or at least minimalize it? Is there any way to escape having to deal with feeling gross all the time or is this just another thing people with acne have to accept as their lot?

Ironic because showering twice every day might be making it worse. Try showering only when you start to smell and of coarse if some girls coming over then wash ur #$$& off but when you shower only clean your face for a second. I mean, if you keep breaking out when you wash your face all the time... try the opposite, and see if it makes any difference. But if you're not washing your face you need to sleep on your back. I find my skin just looks red and sunken from overwashing it, so i only use light cool water to wash off sweat. I save the heavy scrubbing for @@#% area and my armpits. And ive been told how clear my skin is. But I do get the occasional tiny pimple here and there on my face.