Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yoman123

Please help me to determine how severe acne scars are?

This pictures were taken in broad daylight when the sun was shining so thats usually the worst light and gives the most accurate idea of my scars.

What do you guys think? mild moderate or severe, I am really worried that I am going to walk the rest of my life with scars. I only have the scars on my cheek, I have nothing on my forehead or chin or whatever.

I would really appreciate your input on this,

Thanks alot!

post-104265-1243925904_thumb.jpg

post-104265-1243925933_thumb.jpg

post-104265-1243925904_thumb.jpg

post-104265-1243925933_thumb.jpg

that is mild and you have a few zit..an aha product will definitely help your scar,also don't forget to wear sunscreen,once the red subside your face will look better.

Im not sure. Its not severe but I think its either mild or moderate. Its mild in that the scars are small but its moderate in that they are very purple

Thank guys for your fast reaction, really appreciate it. I didn't know discolouration is also scarring, my dermatologist never said that to me.

The thing is is that I just got rid of my acne like couple of weeks ago so it's kinda "fresh", maybe that's why the colours are so strong.

Anyway I am planning on undergoing skinneedling, will that have any effect on the discolouration or just the size of the scars?

Thank guys for your fast reaction, really appreciate it. I didn't know discolouration is also scarring, my dermatologist never said that to me.

The thing is is that I just got rid of my acne like couple of weeks ago so it's kinda "fresh", maybe that's why the colours are so strong.

Anyway I am planning on undergoing skinneedling, will that have any effect on the discolouration or just the size of the scars?

your scars dont look that bad. after the discoloration is gone you'll look fine.

yes skin needling can have some effect on the discoloration.

Thank u very much man. I really hope i am not going to be walking around with these scars for the rest of my life and that the skinneedling is going to pay off.

How long usually until you can expect any results with the needling if you have according to you guys milld-moderate scars?

hi!

Your scars are mild..

Once the redness is gone, your face probably will look almost "normal"

You have enlarged pores too, they'll get a lilttle better over time.

You were on accutane? So wait at least 6 months.. (some derms dont wait that long for light peels)

You can use Retin-A in this period.

In your case i wouldnt do needling..

Instead, a lot of superficial/medium peels (Glycolic 50%, TCA 20%).

They sure will help with discoloration and a little with enlarged pores and superficial scars.

And be careful with any procedure and active acne..

best wishes!

your scars dont look that bad. after the discoloration is gone you'll look fine.

yes skin needling can have some effect on the discoloration.

Yeah I agree with Raiderdood...focus on the discoloration (maybe find a good BP facewash and spot treatment gel and or a good and mild nightly or weekly face mask to help exfoliate dead skin), don't really think of them as 'scars'....once you get rid of the red marks, at the worse they'll look like an enlarge pores and nothing more.

Your situation is very very mild.....easy to correct. Good luck!

So I went to the dermatologist today and she said that it's not neccessary to do skinneedling or laser.

She said my right side was only post inflammation and my left side had a few minor depressed scars.

I now have some creams to put on for night time and once a week a peel.

For the depressed scars she suggested Spot TCA or cross method.

She guaranteed 100 percent succes, at least for the inflammation and a very good improvement considering the scars but I am a bit hesitatnt about that since that is a pretty bold statement.

I asked her If i could do some light therapy on the side myself and she said that would be fine but I am wondering if that's not to much stress for my skin?

Anyway thanks again u guys for taking the time to react, it's really appreciated. I guess u guys were right about the peels haha :)

For the hyperpigmentation, I don't think it's such a bold statement. Those marks would fade in 6 months to a year even if you did nothing. All the creams and peels are doing is helping to speed up the process.