Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I use St. Ives Apricot Scrub (gentle) eventhough I have oily skin.. I like that its very creamy and gentle. The best thing is that it exfoliates.

The St. Ives Scrub is not gentle and has been no to scratch and scar peoples faces.

I use a BufPuf and it is the best thing I have found, hands down. Search for it on Google to find a supplier, also search on this site to find more great reviews. Some also love the "baby brush method" which can be found by searching on this site.

Hope this helps!

theres no such thing as gentle exfoliation, when you exfoliate the skin you are pre-maturely removing the very top cell layer of your stratum corneum, if exfoliation is used everyday you will face a series of problems.

exfoliation has helped with my skins sucess. No my skin isnt perfect but i only deal with non inflammed acne some post acne redness and a pimple every now and then. I use a scrub but barely wash my face with it just let it graze the skin very softly. It seems to help :)

theres no such thing as gentle exfoliation, when you exfoliate the skin you are pre-maturely removing the very top cell layer of your epidermis. if exfoliation is used everyday you will face a series of problems.

Such as what?

There is indeed such a thing as gentle exfoliation, and most people benefit from it.

I use mandelic acid (an AHA) and a silica bead scrub daily, and my skin is perfect. No bumps. No dryness. No excessive oiliness. No peely flakiness.

theres no such thing as gentle exfoliation, when you exfoliate the skin you are pre-maturely removing the very top cell layer of your epidermis. if exfoliation is used everyday you will face a series of problems.

Such as what?

There is indeed such a thing as gentle exfoliation, and most people benefit from it.

I use mandelic acid (an AHA) and a silica bead scrub daily, and my skin is perfect. No bumps. No dryness. No excessive oiliness. No peely flakiness.

Agreed. I also use a silica bead scrub by Face Reality, along with a low strength mandelic serum and Derm A Gel by Vivant. My skin is clear, no irritation, and I get mistaken for being 10 years younger than I am. Exfoliation is definitely working for me too!

Dermologica makes a GREAT scrub called 'Skin Prep Scrub" this is an excellent gentle scrub based liquid wash. You can find samples on Ebay for about $5. I love this stuff ! :)

Also, if you can afford it, the Clarisonic brush is tremendous in exfoliating. It is very expensive upfront, but this provides great results that IMO are worth the investment! Your skin will thank you!