Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carmusen

Do you scowl/frown/make angry face in public?

I do this unintentionally and I can't help it. Whether I'm waiting for the bus, sitting on the bus, on the computer at the library, listening to professor's lecture, etc. I just scowl/frown/make angry face. There's always this lingering thought in my head that people are looking at me so unconsciously I make an angry face as a way of saying, "Why the fuck are you looking at me and judging me?"

I know it's paranoia but I just can't help it. My face just automatically makes those faces. I get tense and my face gets tense. I know I shouldn't but what can I do? *sigh*

my friends always ask me "are you mad" etc... when we are just sitting there doing nothing. its cause my "no expression" face, just looks mad. so what i do is try to walk around looking happy lol

I do this unintentionally and I can't help it. Whether I'm waiting for the bus, sitting on the bus, on the computer at the library, listening to professor's lecture, etc. I just scowl/frown/make angry face. There's always this lingering thought in my head that people are looking at me so unconsciously I make an angry face as a way of saying, "Why the fuck are you looking at me and judging me?"

I know it's paranoia but I just can't help it. My face just automatically makes those faces. I get tense and my face gets tense. I know I shouldn't but what can I do? *sigh*

Yeah I do the exact same thing, its fucked, I walk around with a angry look on my face because its the only image I feel comfortable with these days. I have those exact same thoughts aswell, if someone looks at me I stare at them back with an mean look on my face because I automatically assume that they are looking at my skin. I fucked up thing is though, I acknowledge that some people arent looking at my skin and will just be looking at me in general but I guess the angry face is just kind of a defense mechanism kind of thing

Always! I used to do it because the acne on my forehead was gross, so I figured if I would show an angry face, it would temporarily mask how bad it looked. It got to the point where friends and family were actually afraid of me, and my dad even compared me to a ticking time bomb. It wasn't that I was upset. I was just sad and very conscious of how I looked. I go out of my way now to look approachable and friendly. My body language must have killed plenty of chances to meet great people.

You know something, back when I was 15 I used to make this facial expression, and this man came up to me and said that I should stop making that face because it was going to give me wrinkles and make me look old and I would regret it. So it took a conscience effort, everytime I started making that face to stop and make it normal. I would sometimes check the mirror to see what expression the world could see.

** I think that we draw more attention to ourselves by looking angry, than we do with acne.

yeah i always look a bit angry! :P strange thing, but it actually happens automatically.

another strange thing i sometimes to, is looking a bit up, like a bit arrogant.. :redface:

i think i do this to show people im not afraid to hide my face, almost like ive actually got self esteem :P

strrrrraaange stuff right :P

Yeah whenever i break out i just shoot dirty looks at anyone that stares my way , male/female it doesn't matter unfortunately but it's only cuz i feel ashamed of the way i look :( .

It's kinda like my way of saying ugh don't fucking look at me or sumfin i guess huh.

Yeah I always have people coming up to me, "How come you never smile? Why do you always look upset?" I tell them I'm just tired but most of the time it's just because I feel uncomfortable and that's my uncomfortable look I guess.

Same. i always frown... like waiting in line... oh well... im used to being down

Always! Even when I get introduced to new people, I seem really standoffish. Once a girl told me how when she had first seen me and been introduced to me, she had thought of me as a cold bi***. Apparently I have this stay the f*** away from me expression. But ya i think we all just keep our guard up, and or are thinking about others constantly staring at us.

I either have a thoughtful look on my face, which is usually when I'm doing errands and let my mind wander, or else I walk with my nose up a bit. I bet I look stuck-up, but I've done it for years now. I swear I'm not stuck-up, lol.

Aaaand, I cock my head to one side pretty often. Good thread, I never really thought about what the look on my face seems like to other people.

Do some smile exercises. They're really easy to do, you can even do it in a car while driving. Helps a lot to cheer you up since your body doesn't know the difference between a real smile from some funny event or a fake smile where you're physically moving your cheeks and lips.

http://gimmeasmile.wordpress.com/2008/06/2...e-your-emotion/

But i believe that some people does have the fierce/mean look when they don't smile. I mean they are born like that how to change. You can't expect them to go around smiling away wherever they go.

Ya I guess I do, I dont want people to think I am totally ok with the way I look because Im not....but I dont think people always get the correlation

"Im mad because I dont look good"

Im thinking they think something more along the lines of : "your unhappy because your stupid, so therefore you have bad skin"

haha.....Ya I do actually think people are thinking something along these lines

I noticed I do this too! I've been paying more attention...

I became most aware of this when I was in Germany. One of host child's friends came up to us and she asked her if I was OK, like if I was angry and homesick or something. I wasn't, I was fine, but the look on my face said otherwise.

Part of it is stress, which I've been trying to reduce. I pay attention when my muscles tense and I start to scowl. When this happens, circulation decreases and breathing becomes more shallow, which is bad for you, of course. When I'm watching a film, or at the computer, or doing whatever, I stop and think for a moment, starting at my feet and going up..

I have no stress in my feet,

I have no stress in my legs

I have no stress in my back...

Etc, etc. Until I'm relaxed and breathing deeply. In short, scowling means stress. Stress is unhealthy and aggravates acne.

Another random addition to that, in the topic of weird things we do because of acne, I realized about a month and a half ago that I didn't ever make eye contact. Instead, I looked at someone's mouth while they were talking, or looked away. I make eye contact now, but it's somewhat forced, and it doesn't really feel comfortable. I don't know if I ever used to make eye contact before. I guess I'll never know.

:)

I naturally look sad and due to my 'bring out the brown' eyeshadow my eyes are extra EXTRA shiney hahaha.

Sucks I'm not a sad person! or angry at that! ><

my friends make fun of me because I got the 'puppy pout' look :doubt: I lova looove puppies but...wtf!?