Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marissa088

Just a general acne question...

Hi all.

The majority of my acne is located around my mouth and chin area. My cheeks don't break out too often, except for maybe the sides of my face. My forehead is also clear for the most part. Does it have anything to do with eating certain foods? I just can't figure it out.

Thanks,

Marissa

Yep...this is my problem. My forehead is clear (maybe a random zit once in a blue moon) and my cheeks are clear...but my chin and the areas to the left & right of my mouth tend to break out. My chin with HUGE pimples...often like 3, 4, 5 big ones at once...and then on the sides of my mouth I'll get little white heads.

I have no idea what it is. I've read that chin acne is hormone (menstrual) related. I know for me it is. No idea how to cure it. I wash, apply zit creams, moisturize, etc. to no avail.

Ya same here. I do think it is hormonal for both men and women because that's the only place I get acne.

But, one observation I had is that when I went on a 'nothing but water' phase for 2 weeks my acne shifted from just around my chin to everywhere else BUT my chin/mouth area. Weird? I dont know, it might have just been a coincidence. I was thinking maybe the BP was causing it, but I think I proved myself wrong.

Try using Fish Oil though. It balances out your hormones and I've noticed a big difference in just 5-6 days. It also has a million other benefits too :)

Hi all.

The majority of my acne is located around my mouth and chin area. My cheeks don't break out too often, except for maybe the sides of my face. My forehead is also clear for the most part. Does it have anything to do with eating certain foods? I just can't figure it out.

Thanks,

Marissa

Ive had acne since I was twelve years old and in my early teenage years, I suffered from severe acne all over my face. I am now twenty five and almost all of my breakouts are around my lips, on my chin and on my jawline (moderate acne now), I have blackheads all over my nose and my forehead is clear. As a matter of fact, yesterday I made a thread asking what kind of pimple it is I have on the left fold of my lip under my nose and above my lips. This isnt always the case but I think adult acne is usually on the chin, jawline, and around the lips.

Oh and heres a tip in case you didnt know. Dont use toothpastes with sodium lauryl sulfate.

Hi all.

Thanks,

Marissa

Ive had acne since I was twelve years old and in my early teenage years, I suffered from severe acne all over my face. I am now twenty five and almost all of my breakouts are around my lips, on my chin and on my jawline (moderate acne now), I have blackheads all over my nose and my forehead is clear. As a matter of fact, yesterday I made a thread asking what kind of pimple it is I have on the left fold of my lip under my nose and above my lips. This isnt always the case but I think adult acne is usually on the chin, jawline, and around the lips.

Oh and heres a tip in case you didnt know. Dont use toothpastes with sodium lauryl sulfate.

Thanks for the responses. I actually don't use toothpaste with SLS in it because I get really bad canker sores in my mouth and that is a big contributor to them. I will try fish oil. Thanks again!

I had acne in the same spots... I think it was due to caffeine and stress....others say its hormonal. All I know for sure is that it sucks!!!

Most of the time if your acne is located on your chin and cheeks then it is hormonal and suggest you have to many testosterone or eastrgens.

Testostrone - Fish Oil will help balance this.

Eastrgens (like me)- Vitimin B6 will help loads. I have been on this for a few days and can allready see improvement. I have also been using DKR (really good)

Try one of them.

Somethings gotta work, perhaps you aint found it yet....... keep trying dont give up till you won the fight against ACNE!!!

Need more advice let me know.

JonoB

I think I may have hormonal acne too (same exact areas) - but everywhere I've found says that Omega 3 (Fish Oil) increases testosterone -- any other supplements to help control male hormones?

My problem is the same. I rarely get anything on my cheeks and have never had a real blemish on my forehead. It usually pops up on the chin or jawline. The few cysts I have gotten on the cheek area left scars. Totally sucks. I have found that taking L-Lysine in 1500 milligram doses a day does help prevent the chin and mouth area from breaking out. L-Lysine is also good for collagen production so maybe it will help prevent deep scarring? I'm not sure about that one.

egg has caused my acne n' it's reduced by a ton after i stopped eating egg

& most of my acne hits right around the chin & upper lip....it's sooooo embarssing!!!!!

i'm gona try fish oil...hope it helpls w/ getting rid of breakouts when i apply foundation

Yep

Left and right side of mouth just underneath. Also on upper lip.

Havn't got a clue what causes it. But i'm going to try fish oil tablets now.

Also taking ACV 4tbspns a day and using it as a topical.

God I hate these spots, it is absolutely the worse place. They are so noticeable.

*goes to check the ingredients in his toothpaste*

Yeah... the majority of my acne is on my chin (usually always present) and around the lips, and the side of my face. I get it on my cheeks too a little bit, but most of that is cysts, and it doesn't happen often, thank God.

I haven't a clue as to what causes it, but I did notice that my acne always gets worse a day or two before my period starts.. dumb hormones >.> *kicks*

I started ACV a couple days ago, and my face seems to be clearing up some! :o No new breakouts and the ones I have now are shrinking and disappearing *dance* cheeks are almost completely clear. I heard that honey also helps acne when used as a spot treatment over night..

Good luck with trying to solve it! I feel your pain :)