Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peanutbutterforbreakfast

Changing Derms During Accutane

Well,

I am going tomorrow for a second opinion with a new derm who comes highly recommended. I do not think I can bring myself to go back to the PA who I can not stand.

I am currently on my 5th month of accutane. The crappy derm wants me to possibly do a 6th month, but that was the last straw of a string of crazy advice from her and I want to switch.

Have any of you switched Derms during your accutane course? Can I just alert ipledge to a new doctor?

I changed a derm before I started my treatment. Because I didn't believe my acne was bad enough to be put on accutane. I was so scared of its side effects. But later on my acne went wild and I chose to go on accutane myself. But to avoid the awkwardness, I changed a derm despite the fact that the first derm had already registered me with iPledge. So I went to a new derm and was told I needed to get on the iPledge switch provider and then they would confirm me once I switched to them (I don't remember exactly what the icon's called but you'll see it when you log on). It was easy.

Thanks for the reply.

My doctor visit went well today. I am going to do a 6th month, but they are knocking my dose down from 80mg to 20mg/day.

I was shocked to hear I was the first patient they have ever had come into their office partially through accutane to switch. I hear people on here all the time having trouble with their doctors. I took 5 months to switch because I thought that you couldn't due to Ipledge. Wish I had known earlier so I could have been with someone I felt better about.

Well,

I am going tomorrow for a second opinion with a new derm who comes highly recommended. I do not think I can bring myself to go back to the PA who I can not stand.

I am currently on my 5th month of accutane. The crappy derm wants me to possibly do a 6th month, but that was the last straw of a string of crazy advice from her and I want to switch.

Have any of you switched Derms during your accutane course? Can I just alert ipledge to a new doctor?

I had to do this after moving to college this year. You need to log into ipledge and theres a section for choosing a dermatologist, it has a kind of dermatologist search engine, so you just select you new one from there list. You then need to give your new dermatologist your ipledge number and once you both mutually request one another you're good to go. Good luck!